Is fAegon the last of the Blackfyre line of Targaryens? If so...

Bloodrobin

My point was that Maekar most likely would have chosen Aerion's son as his heir if he had not been killed in battle, and lived another twenty years or. Assuming that the boy turned out fine. Aerys was mad, but neither Rhaegar nor Viserys, or Dany seemed to have inherited his particular affliction. Yeah, Viserys was weak and all, but he was not made in the way Aerys was.

Aerion was of the older line, and it really seems as if Daeron and Aerion were both Princes of Dragonstone prior to their deaths. If Maekar had never recognized Daeron or Aerion as his heir, Egg would have technically been heir all the time. That clearly was not the case.

That's more or less completely diametric to what Barristan said.

"Even as a child, your brother Viserys oft seemed to be his father's son, in ways Rhaegar never did."

My point was that Maekar most likely would have chosen Aerion's son as his heir if he had not been killed in battle, and lived another twenty years or. Assuming that the boy turned out fine. Aerys was mad, but neither Rhaegar nor Viserys, or Dany seemed to have inherited his particular affliction. Yeah, Viserys was weak and all, but he was not made in the way Aerys was.

Aerion was of the older line, and it really seems as if Daeron and Aerion were both Princes of Dragonstone prior to their deaths. If Maekar had never recognized Daeron or Aerion as his heir, Egg would have technically been heir all the time. That clearly was not the case.

You are right,Aerys was mad but Rhaegar was the completely opposite from him,same might go for Aerion s son.If Maekar had lived,he could have appointed the boy as his heir.

That's more or less completely diametric to what Barristan said.

"Even as a child, your brother Viserys oft seemed to be his father's son, in ways Rhaegar never did."

Problem is Viserys was not mad according to Dany when they were children,he became like that after he was forced to sell his mother s crone.He makes an excuse of why he didn t join Viserys s by lying,even the greatest knight in the Seven Kingdooms has his flaws.

Problem is Viserys was not mad according to Dany when they were children,he became like that after he was forced to sell his mother s crone.He makes an excuse of why he didn t join Viserys s by lying,even the greatest knight in the Seven Kingdooms has his flaws.

Dany's knowledge of Viserys is very, very incomplete. Barristan knew him when he had no reason to be mad.

I'll take his word over Dany's.

Dany's knowledge of Viserys is very, very incomplete. Barristan knew him when he had no reason to be mad.

I'll take his word over Dany's.

Everything in Dany s head is a bit loppy,when he said that Viserys was his father s son in ways that Rhaegar never did,he must have meant that even as a child,he was a little agressive and self centred,right?Dont take everything Barristan says as true,he also remembers that Rhaegar unhorsed Myles Toyne and we know that s not true.

Everything in Dany s head is a bit loppy,when he said that Viserys was his father s son in ways that Rhaegar never did,he must have meant that even as a child,he was a little agressive and self centred,right?Dont take everything Barristan says as true,he also remembers that Rhaegar unhorsed Myles Toyne and we know that s not true.

I don't, but there is a difference between misremembering one event and mischaracterizing an entire person he was charged with guarding and essentially living with.

Dany doesn't even know about most of Viserys' life. She was too young to remember (or not even born yet).

I am 99.999% sure that Young Griff/Aegon is fake and is most likely a blackfyre decendent of the female line and his father or grandfather is most likely Illyrio with a possible relation to Varys. With that being said, he is the latest in the attempts of the Golden Company to place a decendent of Daemon Blackfyre on the iron Throne, of which was their founding purpose/charter. There are probably other decendents from Brightflame too but given that GRRM states that his series has 2 more books left, he will be the last pretender but I am confident he will succeded only to be killed off by Dany or the Others. There is no doubt that Arianne will try and bed him and if she thinks he can win the throne, she will really try and bed him . wed him etc.. It would be funny if he rejects her marriage but puts a bastard in her belly. I for one think Sansa is the one he will marry which ties in with Cersei's demise and brings the Vale out of its hiding spot to actually fight for something, the overthrough of the Lannisters.

I agree. I think there is even more people believing him to be a BF than Jon being son of R and L. :lol:

I think that the GC being started by Bittersteel, a Blackfyre supporter, is a red herring. I'm more open to believe that Aegon is actually Rhaegar's bastard, tbh.

No, I believe Rhaegar loved Elia too much to have cheated for no good reason. Rhaegar needed a male heir or Aerys would behead Elia ala Henry VIII. Elia was too weak to bear him anymore children. That's why he had turn to another woman. But once he had his PTWP, he would not need to cheat anymore.

(WHERE HAVE ALL THE TARGARYENS GONE ?)

I know this has nothing to do with the topic but where are all the Targaryens gone? Robert killed one,the Lannisters killed three ,Rhaella died in childbirth and Viserys was suicided by Drogo .That leaves Daenerys exclude Jon and Griff jr. for a moment.Did all of them die during the great sickness and that's why lord Stafford Baratheon had to go free cities to find a wife or were they becoming sterile because of inbreeding like Daenerys? A dragon is still a dragon .Did the Blackfyres also continue incest also or did they choose the consorts from Lys? And if so does that mean even though he may not be the child of Rhaegar , his blood may from a more important house than theTargaryens?

I am 99.999% sure that Young Griff/Aegon is fake and is most likely a blackfyre decendent of the female line and his father or grandfather is most likely Illyrio with a possible relation to Varys. With that being said, he is the latest in the attempts of the Golden Company to place a decendent of Daemon Blackfyre on the iron Throne, of which was their founding purpose/charter. There are probably other decendents from Brightflame too but given that GRRM states that his series has 2 more books left, he will be the last pretender but I am confident he will succeded only to be killed off by Dany or the Others. There is no doubt that Arianne will try and bed him and if she thinks he can win the throne, she will really try and bed him . wed him etc.. It would be funny if he rejects her marriage but puts a bastard in her belly. I for one think Sansa is the one he will marry which ties in with Cersei's demise and brings the Vale out of its hiding spot to actually fight for something, the overthrough of the Lannisters.

I think Arianne might try to seduce JonCon since he is the one who has the biggest influence on Faegon but we know how this is gonna turn out.Although he might marry Sansa,i dont think he will.BTW as you said there are many desceandants of Daemon and Aerion but Faegon will be the last try out for the IT.

(WHERE HAVE ALL THE TARGARYENS GONE ?)

I know this has nothing to do with the topic but where are all the Targaryens gone? Robert killed one,the Lannisters killed three ,Rhaella died in childbirth and Viserys was suicided by Drogo .That leaves Daenerys exclude Jon and Griff jr. for a moment.Did all of them die during the great sickness and that's why lord Stafford Baratheon had to go free cities to find a wife or were they becoming sterile because of inbreeding like Daenerys? A dragon is still a dragon .Did the Blackfyres also continue incest also or did they choose the consorts from Lys? And if so does that mean even though he may not be the child of Rhaegar , his blood may from a more important house than theTargaryens?

There were plenty of Targaryens once but the Great Sickness killed many of them and others died by sad events and after all that Egg reigned.Aegon had 4 brothers,Aerion died by drinking wildfire,Dareon died by a pox he caught from a whore and Aemon went to the wall.Aerion left an infant son and Dareon a lackwit girl who were passed by The Great Council,we dont know what happened to them.Aemon could have been a king but instead have gave the crown to his younger brother Egg and diparted to the Wall,not wanting to be used in the schemes of other Great Houses so they can depose his brother.Aegon had 3 sons,Duncan,Jahaerys and a third unknown son.He and Duncan with many others died at the Tragedy of Summerhal and Jahaerys became king,we dont know what happened to his other son.Jahaerys died reigning 3 years,leaving the throne to his son Aerys.Aerys married Rhaella and it was an unhappy marriage,Rhaegar was their oldest son but he didn t have any sister he could marry so when Aerys was not so mad send Steffon to find him Valyrian brides.Unfortunately,he died during the trip along with his wife.It s been theorised that he was searching female desceandants of Aerion and Daemon but we are not sure.The Blackfyres might have continued incest so they could show that the rightful rullers of Westeros continue the old tradition,Daemon had 7 sons and 3 daughters so it s definetely possible.Aegon is a Targaryen since the Blackfyres and the Brightfyres are Targaryens just not the son of Rhaegar.

Archived