Queen Cersei is wrongfully maligned

A Highborn Maid

Nope, it was the ruling government dealing with an enemy with whom it was at war.

way to completely miss such a significant aspect of the books. i'm taking you took tywin's words of "how is it worse to kill a dozen people at a wedding" to heart huh?? sorry can't take you seriously anymore bye

I condoned what is considered by the entire fanbase and even most of the primitive people in the ASOIAF universe to be one of the most abhorrent crimes imaginable, yeah I was joking, in the same way the OP, who is saying one of the most evil and unlikable people in the ASOIAF universe is actually a good person, is also joking.

except the red wedding is easily one of the biggest acts of terrorism in the books

Well no. It would be a war crime as the Lannisters are in power. If anyone were considered a terrorist, it would be Robb's forces, not that I am endorsing that POV.

The RW is clearly the work of an oppressive government. That's why the Freys and Boltons are getting letters of reprieve and the RL lords are getting pardoned as well.

Obviously the victor writes the history books, but I doubt you'll find many descriptions of a government in power being accused of terrorism vs a war crime.

lol sure you were

I condoned what is considered by the entire fanbase and even most of the primitive people in the ASOIAF universe to be one of the most abhorrent crimes imaginable, yeah I was joking, in the same way the OP, who is saying one of the most evil and unlikable people in the ASOIAF universe is actually a good person, is also joking.

Discrimination against the mentally ill is not acceptable in this thread.

This might be the only thing that I will ever agree with AHM, the fact that someone suffers from a mental illness doesn't mean that people have the right to make fun of him/her.

However I would love to ask the OP, what do you believe of Cersei f@@@@ Jaime the morning of her marriage, something that shows that she was never willing to try in order to work out her marriage and why is that ok.

Couldn't agree more with this thread. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I mean, Cersei is just so much better as a woman, on all levels, than Cat - think about it - if Cersei had felt threatened by one of Robert's bastards, she would have given said bastard a nice, quick, clean, death. While, Cat, horrid, horrid Cat, makes Ned's bastard feel bad. So much worse.

And equally, Cersei would never have hurt LF's feelings like Cat did; she's have just slept with LF and Ned, or Mikken, or Jory, or Edmure or whoever was handsome... She's much more liberated like that.

And she's hotter.

All hail the Queen Regent!

This might be the only thing that I will ever agree with AHM, the fact that someone suffers from a mental illness doesn't mean that people have the right to make fun of him/her.

However I would love to ask the OP, what do you believe of Cersei f@@@@ Jaime the morning of her marriage, something that shows that she was never willing to try in order to work out her marriage and why is that ok.

It's a troll JQC. Don't feed it, it might go away

EDIT: DQC now, grr, I keep forgetting! :p

Tywin's more likeable because he's a badass.

You see, this is the patriarchal bias I am talking about.

Would Cersei honestly be more likable if her scheming bore more fruit? Or if she had swagger?

Or is it because she's a golden haired beauty fighting in a man's world?

Do you know how much harder it is for a woman to succeed in Westeros/Essos? Even high born women still have to endure men lording their superiority. The exception is Dany, and that's only because of her dragons. Without them she would have been cut into seventeen pieces and sold at the flea bottom market as dog food.

I think that marriage in Westeros is a farce, and Robert was going to be disloyal no matter what, so i admire Cersei for following her heart and doing her best to keep brute Robert away from her garden. Contrary to popular belief, Cersei is not a slut, she has a total of four sexual partners and two of those happened post-purple wedding (which marks her descent).

Sorry for double post.

You see, this is the patriarchal bias I am talking about.

Everytime I attack Cersei you accuse me of being misogynistic. I don't like that feminism is being highjacked by loonies like you who think any criticism of a female character is misogyny, jeez you probably think that all PIV is rape aswell.

Yours sincerely, an actual real feminist.

Archived