The Tullys vs Lysa post-war

voltron

I'm not one who is really into the 'what if?' threads, but.......I have to say, I don't even think you are quite posing the question correctly. The answer to the question of what would happen between the Tullys and Lysa IF Robb had won the war wouldn't involve 'plotting,' not from the Tully side, anyway. I suspect that any action from the Tullys' end (which would involve Edmure as Lord and The Black Fish as Warden of the Southern Marches) would be straightforward, but prefaced on what Robb, Brynden, and Edmure even know about Lysa's actions. From the Riverrun and Tully family POV, I suspect Lysa's actions would be put down to fear of the Lannisters and her over protectiveness of her son. As long as Lysa's diabolical actions weren't known, I suspect not much would happen.

Any plotting would come from Lysa and LF, and I can't imagine any of LF's plots really would entail him being happy to have Robb as a King in part or all of the Kingdoms, Lysa putting The Vale in their hands, and LF left.......without a bunch of Tullys and Starks suffering left and right. What it comes down to for me is.....would The Black Fish finally get a handle on all that LF, and LF through Lysa, did to hurt his family? I think Uncle Bryden would be the one to figure it all out.........IF he had enough of the information. But, from the superficial appearances.........it looks like fear on Lysa's part. Then again, either way, I can't imagine that LF would have let Lysa live long, he just needed the power she passed on to him, regardless of who sat on what throne.

JMO on some of it. This also illustrates why I don't like 'what ifs' that much. It's hard to pick where to start and stop the speculation and.....other than a bit of fun, it doesn't help us with the furthering of the story, LOL

Well firstly, if Robb defeated Tywin, there would be no way in hell that he would bend the knee to Stannis. The sole reason he was made King in the North and Riverlands was because they didn't like the Lannisters, Renly, or Stannis. So basically the question comes down to: "What would have happened between the Tully's and Lysa if Robb had won against Tywin?" Ultimately, I think that the Vale Lords might have come to a breaking point with Lysa because they were pleading to take a side, Cat and Brynden and Edmure would have known that Lysa wouldn't have risked the Lannisters wrath... But this didn't come to pass and really I don't think you should delve too deeply into it. We are too far removed from this whole situation to really be talking about it :/

What would have happened between the Tullys and Lysa if Robb had Won against Tywin and bend the knee to king Stannis ? Do you think they would have forgiven her or plotting to get their revenge.

Revenge for what? She stayed neutral, but they don't know that the letter was a lie and that she was working for LF. If they found out, Stannis would likely want to execute her (as would the Vale lords), and I doubt they'd want to stop it.

Why would they? For all everyone knew, Lysa is just an overbearing mother and crazy woman who shuts herself in the Eyrie and hopes that whatever happens out there doesn't affect her. But Catelyn already knew that, she found out when she arrived there with Tyrion. The family relations wouldn't get any better, sure, but then again, those relations were pretty much zero anyway.

Archived