Will the Wall come down in The Winds of Winter?

Archmaester Drew

what's the point of it staying up, though? the whole time it's been up has served as a reminder that things could be worse, but also that things could be better. Leaving it up would be like leaving the world with a huge unresolved problem, and this seems like one of the rare times when the living and the dead could find a new arrangement. So I'm in favor of Euron dragon-melting the wall so the parties are forced to revisit the status quo and find that new better detante.

I think it's a lot more likely that the Others will possess the Horn of Winter and that blowing it is what removes the Wall's defenses as opposed to literally causing it to come down.

:agree:

I think once the magic protecting the Wall goes away the Others will be able to climb it on their ice spiders making it easy for them to breach. Also, without the magic the Wall will eventually melt (but that will take decades).

Will the Wall come down in The Winds of Winter? Will it be breached, or be completely destroyed?

And if so, how do you think it will happen?

:)

Hmmm, I don't know. I think it would be great if the wall came down. Some ridiculous continent shaking event that would be felt all the way in Dorne. That would be absolutely awesome to read about. I can imagine it happening just as Aegon is crowned and sits the iron throne. And everybody is like "uhh ohh its a bad omen, this is the beginning of the end, we are all gonna die!" And that's when the real heroes step up be they nobles, bastards or smallfolk and begin the defense of the realm. :thumbsup:

again, it doesnt need to come down for The Others to make it past the wall.

A) the bay of seals

B) the bay of ice

C) the weirwood door beneath the wall

The Night's King was a member of the Night's Watch, remember?? he can lead the entire army through, if he pleased

Archived