Diplomacy - The South, Turn 14 (Year 4, Months 4-6, Summer)

TheCrannogDweller

Question about tournaments...

In the rulebook, it references a 20% chance of being able to possibly capture nobles from a tournament if the territory is invaded...and then a couple lines down, it states that the tournament will be cancelled if the host's region is invaded. Is it one or the other, or are there circumstances for both? I'm a little confused by the wording.

Also, for poisons and assassinations...were we going to try having poisons crafted with food instead? Or is everything still using gold only?

On trading: The rule right now says that one player can receive up to 4 units total per turn - and the example given is with two players giving that.

My idea was to have one player be able to give another player only up to 4 units.

So, player 1 needs 5/3. He gets 4 gold from Player 2 and 1/3 from Player 3. All is legit.

Then we agree. Any male member of the house, who is related by blood to the Lord, should:

1. Be eligible to become a general

2. Add 4 years to the Lord's starting age

Syv, I disagree with your latest version of the Westerlands borders.

1. The northern passage (Gravesham - Kanet- Baneford) shouldn't exist.

2. Pendric Hills and Nunn's Deep should both be within the West, behind the Tooth (their mines are captured by the Greatjon after the battle of Oxcross)

3. Deep Denn should be the other door into the west - and Drax castle should be behind it.

Making some regions bigger would be good for putting text in there.

1. Do you suggest sealing off the passage? If so one of the mountains around the wyndhall region goes away so sake of there not being two regions with one land entrance there.

2.,lore wise sure I can just move the westerlands border but renaming regions for the sake of being lore correct doesn't affect the mechanics same with 3.

On trading: The rule right now says that one player can receive up to 4 units total per turn - and the example given is with two players giving that.

My idea was to have one player be able to give another player only up to 4 units.

So, player 1 needs 5/3. He gets 4 gold from Player 2 and 1/3 from Player 3. All is legit.

That rule is supposed to limit big alliances. That way they can't feed a player with hardy a bunch of resources to raise a ton of troops

The rules for last game actually had two different Oath of Fealty sets - the other one is in Misc Rules. That one I tweaked in order to give the King some taxation powers. If you want, you can also include the other powers a king has - like granting a divorce and settling disputes between his vassals. I think there was one more I suggested somewhere, but I can't remember it right now.

Also, make some of the Wonders unique - so that there can be only one Citadel, Lightbringer and Iron Throne.

The borders I proposed for the Westerlans are here

That rule is supposed to limit big alliances. That way they can't feed a player with hardy a bunch of resources to raise a ton of troops

That player will already be limited by his levying cap.

And being able to receive only 4/4 from your two allies (who can be collecting a total of 14/14 by this point) is still a serious limit.

Most of us decided earlier in the thread that a cap probably wasn't necessary.

With the need for a general to be leading troops; and the need for troops to be controlled by another player requires fealty and with resource gifting limits that means no one is going to be raising 7000 troops at a time.

All of which means bigger alliances will have to chose a king to lead massive armies.

This means we should see a bit more independence from players.

Action Items:

• Regional Traits (Complete)

• Map Boundaries (Complete)

Rule Change Involving Resource Trading Limit (Complete - Ruling is that no player may receive more than 4 traded resources of any combination, from any source, per turn).

Rule Change Involving Gifting Of Territories (Complete - Ruling is that a territory may only change ownership once per turn, whether it is being gifted or returned to original owner).

Rule Change Involving Gifting Of Troops (Complete - Ruling is that a player may only gift troops to another player if they have sworn fealty to that player).

• Rule Change Involving Capped Armies: No limit. The need for Generals to raise troops and the lack of ability of people to get a ton of resources to raise negates this.

• Rule Change Involving Inheritable House Traits (Final Yes or No?) No. Hard to manage and also wouldn't be effective until a child became a lord.

Sea Of Dorne Regions Sailable On Map (Final Yes or No?) Yes.

Legacy Point Adjustments (if there are any) Good to go.

House Trait Adjustments (if there are any) Possibly?

Anything else? I think after all these are locked in, things should be pretty much good to go.

As far as Legacy points go? I personally think you should get a lot more points for defeating the Lord of a House, since it's such a difficult feat. Only 20% I believe? And that's if you have the Duelist trait. As it is, it's only worth 5 points, which is the same value given to someone who hosts a Grand Tourney (pretty much anyone could do that, really.)

As far as Legacy points go? I personally think you should get a lot more points for defeating the Lord of a House, since it's such a difficult feat. Only 20% I believe? And that's if you have the Duelist trait. As it is, it's only worth 5 points, which is the same value given to someone who hosts a Grand Tourney (pretty much anyone could do that, really.)

Fair point.

Okay so I tweaked the rules: http://www.wattpad.com/72530549-diplomacy-middlelands-of-westeros-introduction

and the map: http://i.imgur.com/9O755tF.jpg

I think the westerlands should have 3 entrances. I moved the border out a little and that probably gives us room for 1-2 more players((it's already at 19)). I still have a few things behind the scenes to get ready so we can continue to discuss. Hopefully I'll be ready to go and have the sign up thread up by the weekend or monday.

Archived