Diplomacy - The South, Turn 14 (Year 4, Months 4-6, Summer)

TheCrannogDweller

So, for a final rule on armies, I vote any army 1000 or over needs a general, with no cap so long as you have enough generals. This will prevent many big armies, but little raiding parties (a must-have for any traitorous act :) ) and slow shipment of reinforcements will be possible without a general.

Syv, here is my last attempt to fix the borders of the Westerlands.

The Golden Tooth and Nunn’s Deep/Pendric hills switch places somewhat.

The Golden Tooth is now accessible from two Riverlands territories (Turnbridge and Branstone) and 6 Westerlands territories.

The Wyndhall group loses some of its impassable borders.

Riverspring, Red Bramble, Peckledon and Payne Hall switch places a bit. Deep Denn is now accessible from two Riverlands territories (Red Bramble and Brent Brook) and 3 Westerlands territories.

• 4 weeks later...

I think what's Leo is trying to do is to tie the regional bonuses with the lands themselves, rather than with the players.

So, for example, if I'm located at Riverrun, I can pay whatever price we agree on and build a farm on any of my regions within the Riverlands (let's say Blackwood Vale).

Then I decide that I want more gold production. I conquer/colonize/trade and get a territory in the Westerlands (say Pendric Hills). I build a mine at it and start getting additional production.

But I decide that one territory is not enough to balance my coffers, so I go and conquer/colonize/trade a territory in the Vale (say, Gulltown). I build a port on it and I can exchange resource at a 2 for 1 rate.

The key here is ownership. As long as I own territories in the Regions in which a certain bonus applies, I can make use of that bonus. So, Nox , the answer to your question is no - only the owner of a port in the Vale can make use of its trading bonus.

Obviously, having those kinds of regional bonus buildings will create a cross-region land-grabbing incentive, but I'm sure that this is exactly what Leo wants. :D

Edit: Also, giving automatic troops to the Iron Islanders will throw the game entirely off balance, I think. It will basically start an arms race and it will make the no-initial-armies provision completely moot.

And let's simplify reaving. Instead of a separate trait/mechanic (that's how it sounds to me right now) let's just make it a Sacking bonus for the Iron Islanders'. So every time they sack a territory, they get a 1/1 bonus.

This is pertinent and describes exactly what I'm talking about.

This describes the regional buildable bonuses being tied to the land, and available to anyone owning land in the given territory. No one is disputing this, either.

Tying all the bonuses to land

Like regional traits have ALWAYS been.

We were all on the same page about this at one point clearly while we were discussing.

Your quoted passage describes regional buildable bonuses. We have also never had a player-wide

regional traits system, so there is no always.

What is it, seriously, that you're trying to achieve?

The very first sentence describes tying regional bonuses to land, that was just the example nogg used, the buildings. Obviously that also includes the others where applicable

The rest of the post describes buildable bonuses specifically. There is nothing implied. It uses specific examples.

I still don't know what you're wanting to achieve, so I'm all done here. Going to wrangle up some groceries and try to catch a movie. Hope you enjoy what's left of your Saturday.

:cheers:

Archived