Diplomacy - The South, Turn 14 (Year 4, Months 4-6, Summer)

TheCrannogDweller

For the Generals, I think any male member of the family aged 16 or older should count (whether it's a legitimate son, bastard son, brother, nephew, etc). I'm not sure why that part would need to be changed? Even lore-wise, bastards and family members other than the Lord's sons could command troops.

4. Marriages; Marrying your daughters is a hard thing to do but it helps bring families together. There is no cost to send.

Note: Any babies born of married couples will have the postive and negative trait of the male side while having a 60% chance of having the female negative trait and 40% chance of having the positive trait

For the Generals, I think any male member of the family aged 16 or older should count (whether it's a legitimate son, bastard son, brother, nephew, etc). I'm not sure why that part would need to be changed? Even lore-wise, bastards and family members other than the Lord's sons could command troops.

Lore-wise you are right, but from a game-mechanics point of view, the things look different.

IMO, having a general in the field should be a high-risk - high-reward situation. And if you put a meaningless character, who can't inherit and whose capture means basically nothing to the House succession, it's only a high-reward game.

Folks, are we going to keep the sea around Dorne?

Yes, I think we should keep them.

I would say yes to seas of dorne being passable; maybe some adjustments on size so it's only 8 ((or just over 8)) to get around to the crownlands from the Iron island side.

Merge Northwestern Summer Sea, Northern Summer Sea and Northeastern Summer sea into one region - The Summer Sea.

Merge the Western Coast of Dorne and the Eastern Coast of Dorne into one - The Dornish coast.

Merge the Broken Sea and the Stepstones into one.

Merge Sea of Estermont, Shipbreaker bay and Cape of Rains.

This should be more than enough.

We could do that

Two defensive general traits

Defender(2 wins): If the army this general is in charge of makes no moves, it counts as having another 500 men in it

Stalwart Shield(4 wins): Same as above only its 1000 men

Why not just create one trait, at 3 wins and 1000 men?

Lore-wise you are right, but from a game-mechanics point of view, the things look different.

IMO, having a general in the field should be a high-risk - high-reward situation. And if you put a meaningless character, who can't inherit and whose capture means basically nothing to the House succession, it's only a high-reward game.

Brothers, nephews, uncles, etc, can all inherit...they're just farther down the line than legitimate sons. I don't see what the problem is.

4. Marriages; Marrying your daughters is a hard thing to do but it helps bring families together. There is no cost to send.

Note: Any babies born of married couples will have the postive and negative trait of the male side while having a 60% chance of having the female negative trait and 40% chance of having the positive trait

Actually, I changed my mind. With the regional traits we are going to implement this turn, this would become very complicated - to the point where a baby can have 4 negative and 4 positive traits.

Or limit it to the player-selected traits.

Brothers, nephews, uncles, etc, can all inherit...they're just farther down the line than legitimate sons. I don't see what the problem is.

I'm not talking about those uncles and nephews. I'm talking about Erik Greymane and Octavian Sand - relatives of the Lady of the House, who have absolutely no place in the line of succession.

The inherited traits would only go by House traits.

House 1: Silverfingered/Feeble((M)) marries House 2: Hardy/Disfigurement((f))

Baby gets silverfingered/feeble has 60% chance of disfigurement 40% chance of Hardy...

Actually now that I think about it.. This would only come into play if the kid ended up the Lord of the House..

Yeah.. maybe nix that idea. as it might not even prove to be worth it.

Yeah.. maybe nix that idea. as it might not even prove to be worth it.

This idea came up originally as a way to allow Houses without Valyrian blood to have a way of attempting the Quest for the Dragon egg - marry a girl with the trait and the kid could go on an adventure.

But seeing how this time we'll have a whole region of Valyrians, it may not be necessary.

Still, I think it would've been a good addition to the political marriages dynamic.

I'm not talking about those uncles and nephews. I'm talking about Erik Greymane and Octavian Sand - relatives of the Lady of the House, who have absolutely no place in the line of succession.

I *am* talking about uncles and nephews, because they are currently barred in Syv's rule book right now.

I *am* talking about uncles and nephews, because they are currently barred in Syv's rule book right now.

Then we agree. Any male member of the house, who is related by blood to the Lord, should:

1. Be eligible to become a general

2. Add 4 years to the Lord's starting age

Syv, I disagree with your latest version of the Westerlands borders.

1. The northern passage (Gravesham - Kanet- Baneford) shouldn't exist.

2. Pendric Hills and Nunn's Deep should both be within the West, behind the Tooth (their mines are captured by the Greatjon after the battle of Oxcross)

3. Deep Denn should be the other door into the west - and Drax castle should be behind it.

Archived