Roose has at least one honorable deed to his credit.

Poppa Chase

I'm sure that Robb is grateful for this honourable deed...

Yeah, and it's not like Roose raped him before he killed him. He really is a stand up guy, our Lord of the Dreadfort.

And with Ramsey's mother, he raped her but didn't kill her, another sign of what a good man he is; he never rapes and kills at the same time.

Yeah, and it's not like Roose raped him before he killed him. He really is a stand up guy, our Lord of the Dreadfort.

And with Ramsey's mother, he raped her but didn't kill her, another sign of what a good man he is; he never rapes and kills at the same time.

Plus he sent Reek to help raise her kid when another man might of just ignored her or had her killed to cover up a deed that would look very bad if it ever reached Stark ears

Robb was already dying from the arrows. Roose relieved him of his pain.

I don't think he was dying. If he was I don't think Catelyn would have been begging for his life. I think they meant to incapacitate him and torture him. Roose walked in, delivered the message for Jaime and killed him the literal fastest way possible.

Even in death, one of the baddest ass men in the nights watch only wanted one thing. A sharp blade to finish him so the wildlings didn't torture him. Understandably different situations, but the threat was still the same. And what do we know of House Bolton and their words? Their blades are sharp.

Let's also not forget that according to eyewitness accounts Rob was a vicious werewolf. If not for the brave actions of Ser Roose many an innocent Frey would have perished.

When my brother read storm he took all of that as fact. He was so happy that grey wind did so much damage. Then I was like, no dude, he was killed in captivity.

Eddard Stark once killed a dire wolf because he claimed it was northern and should die by his blade.

Robb Stark had a few quarrels in him and may have been tortured further. But Roose Bolton as a northman at least had the courtesy to finish the deed himself and quickly.

I'm not saying he's a good guy. Or justifying his actions. I just thought that it was a little interesting tidbit.

Eddard was killed by a westerlands man. Catelyn was killed by a river lord. At least Robb was killed by a northman.

Ned claims that whomever sentences a man to death should have the courage to kill him.

Roose treacherously kills Robb in violation of guest rights and clearly taunts him by saying that jaime sends his regards.

Let's also not forget that according to eyewitness accounts Rob was a vicious werewolf. If not for the brave actions of Ser Roose many an innocent Frey would have perished.

Vampires vs. Werewolves, Roose was inspired by Twilight.

I actually read a theory once that the Roose vampire clues and the Stark wolf connection were because GRRM intended on the story eventually revealing a long-standing vampire vs. werewolf rivalry in the North, but the Twilight books came out and he changed things so it wouldn't seem unoriginal.

Ned claims that whomever sentences a man to death should have the courage to kill him.

Roose treacherously kills Robb in violation of guest rights and clearly taunts him by saying that jaime sends his regards.

Frey broke the guest right, not Roose. He was a guest himself.

Archived