Roose has at least one honorable deed to his credit.

Poppa Chase

Eddard Stark once killed a dire wolf because he claimed it was northern and should die by his blade.

Robb Stark had a few quarrels in him and may have been tortured further. But Roose Bolton as a northman at least had the courtesy to finish the deed himself and quickly.

I'm not saying he's a good guy. Or justifying his actions. I just thought that it was a little interesting tidbit.

Eddard was killed by a westerlands man. Catelyn was killed by a river lord. At least Robb was killed by a northman.

Didn't get the impression this was done as an honorable did.

Consider the entire setting and "Jamie Lannister sends his regards" and I get the feeling it was more about settling a personal score with Robb , or the Starks in general. Not out of a sense of keeping things in the northern family.

More likely for Roose, it was an attempt to show his loyalty to the new masters.

I imagine Walder Frey was pretty upset with that part of the turn out. I'm sure the next lines he spoke were, What did you go and do that for?

He probably wanted to hear the Young Wolf beg for mercy or something of that level. Roose walked in, delivered the message per request by the son of the most powerful man in the kingdoms , who's hand you just chopped off.

In a way, Roose was saving at least some of the north from being eradicated. He was not on the winning side at this point.

I know Robb won every battle, but now the lannisters and tyrells were working together, the iron born are in your homes, and you broke your vows made to the most paranoid man in the kingdoms. The end was looking grim for the young wolf at every angle.

I imagine Walder Frey was pretty upset with that part of the turn out. I'm sure the next lines he spoke were, What did you go and do that for?

He probably wanted to hear the Young Wolf beg for mercy or something of that level. Roose walked in, delivered the message per request by the son of the most powerful man in the kingdoms , who's hand you just chopped off.

In a way, Roose was saving at least some of the north from being eradicated. He was not on the winning side at this point.

I know Robb won every battle, but now the lannisters and tyrells were working together, the iron born are in your homes, and you broke your vows made to the most paranoid man in the kingdoms. The end was looking grim for the young wolf at every angle.

Ya Rob should've thanked Roose for doing him a solid. And where does Caitlin get off being upset at him?

Archived