So why is Dany not Azor Ahai reborn?

Poppa Chase

people i was only advicing cheese that he`ll get his answers, BETTER ANSWERS, if he googles it first. look what`s happening here now. in a few moments it`ll degenerate further perhaps.

No, people are angry because he's got a good point which is usually overlooked in this forum.

He wouldn't find better answers, because they don't exist. There are no good reasons to believe Dany isn't AA. Only wishful thinking.

Who says she isn't? Jon fans? LOL

They should accept the hard truth before it's too late. :cool4:

And who says she is? Her fans? LMAO!

Here's the hard truth. Azor Ahai's not real. People take Mel way too seriously.

I think, I am not sure, that GRRM had said that Mel is true.

I doubt he said that. If he did, then Stannis is Azor Ahai. End of discussion.

I remember him said something about her being right or maybe that she was not what the people think that she is? I really cannot rememeber.

A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Feast for Crows.

I guess you should reread them.

You think huh? Please point me to the exact quote in AGOT, ACOK, AFFC or ADWD which clearly is said by everyone that Dany is AAR, because btw Aemon was talking about TPTWP not AAR.

It has to be Daenerys or Stannis. Anyone else would be ridiculous.

GRRM? I had no idea that you were a member of those forums!

I remember him said something about her being right or maybe that she was not what the people think that she is? I really cannot rememeber.

You think huh? Please point me to the exact quote in AGOT, ACOK, AFFC or ADWD which clearly is said by everyone that Dany is AAR, because btw Aemon was talking about TPTWP not AAR.

GRRM? I had no idea that you were a member of those forums!

Thats true. I've taken them both as the same for so long that I forgot it's possible they aren't.

It has to be Daenerys or Stannis. Anyone else would be ridiculous.

No, it doesn't. Dany makes sense as a possibility, but Stannis most certanly is not. When Mel looks in her fires she sees only Jon Snow. Jon Snow IS a Targaryen as well, because R+L=J. While Dany meets the criteria, Aemon is mistaken because he doesn't truly know who Jon Snow is. Mel is using Stannis as Azor Ahai reborn for her own purposes (and to some degree Stannis' benefit), but has to have some idea that he is not, and if she doesn't it is only because she refuses to see the truth of her own prophecies. While Dany could be AA, I think Jon Snow is the more likely candidate...

I think she has a pretty good claim to being AA. But so do a lot of people.

The problem with GRRM is he always plays these massive mind tricks and leads you in the wrong direction. So, the fact that Dany seems like the most obvious candidate makes people second-guess themselves and think she can't possibly be, because it's too obvious. And then evidence came out that Jon could be, and while a lot of people see him as AA for sure now, others think again, it's too obvious and must be a (more) minor character like Davos or Shireen or Mance Rayder.

I think Poppa Chase could be on to something.. they might not even be an Azor Ahai. Or, we could have a prophecy like that of Maggy the Frog, where Cersei fullfills the prophecy simply by believing in it and acting upon it. If people didn't believe in Azor Ahai, no one would be attempting to force themselves, or someone else, to fit the mould.

Thats true. I've taken them both as the same for so long that I forgot it's possible they aren't.

(AA =/= TPtwP) This may be true, but I remember reading a thread of someone quoting GRRM that implied they were the same. Of course, that may be wrong as well, but I am still operating under the assumption that they are the same. I think Dany would give up her claim to JS to go find her house with the red door or some equivalent...

(AA =/= TPtwP) This may be true, but I remember reading a thread of someone quoting GRRM that implied they were the same. Of course, that may be wrong as well, but I am still operating under the assumption that they are the same. I think Dany would give up her claim to JS to go find her house with the red door or some equivalent...

Yes I think that there is no way that AAR isn't TPTWP.

GRRM said: Lord of Light gives him a token of his role as the Prince that was Promised http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIe0Q3PgcOw somewhere near the end

I think that Dany is TPTWP.

It's like Aemon said, the dragons prove it. The Prince is suppose to wake dragons from stone and Dany is the only one who has done so. I just can't see GRRM introducing any more dragon eggs to be awoken. And if it's metaphorical then the person who wakes Jon from stone if he is indeed dead would be the one to consider as TPTWP. To prove that you're TPTWP you have to perform the act not have it performed on you.

Dany AGOT:

They were so beautiful, and sometimes just being close to them made her feel stronger, braver, as if somehow she were drawing strength from the stone dragons locked inside.

Dany ACOK

The Dothraki named the comet shierak qiya, the Bleeding Star. The old men muttered that it omened ill, but Daenerys Targaryen had seen it first on the night she had burned Khal Drogo, the night her dragons had awakened. It is the herald of my coming, she told herself as she gazed up into the night sky with wonder in her heart. The gods have sent it to show me the way.

The Jade Compendium:

“Once Azor Ahai fought a monster. When he thrust the sword through the belly of the beast, its blood began to boil. Smoke and steam poured from its mouth, its eyes melted and dribbled down its cheeks, and its body burst into flame.”

Dany in Astapor

“’Drogon,’ she sang out loudly, sweetly, all her fear forgotten. ‘Dracarys.’

A lance of swirling dark flame took Kraznys full in the face. His eyes melted and ran down his cheeks, and the oil in his hair and beard burst so fiercely into fire that for an instant the slaver wore a burning crown twice as tall as his head.”

Dany ADWD

“When your dragons were small they were a wonder. Grown, they are death and devastation, a flaming sword above the world.”

Stannis explaining why dragons are much better in battle than swords:

“It glimmers prettily, I’ll grant you, but on the Blackwater this magic sword served me no better than common steel. A dragon would have turned that battle. Aegon once stood here as I do, looking down on this table. Do you think we would name him Aegon the Conqueror today if he had not had dragons?”

Archived