Martin's hints and clues to Dragons yet to be introduced to the story

Varamyr6skins

Yes, but not near Asshai...He was warged into Summer after winterfell was razed and burnt. He saw a winged shadow spitting a swirl of flame, then the beast was gone. It was Brans last chapter in ACOK.

Yes Eurons egg that he allegedly tossed, I don't think I believe he tossed it at all. Would he even tell Victarion that he had a dragon egg? Perhaps it hatched and he has a hatchling? Within the realm of possibility.

There was Viserion's egg that he had with him when taken captive by the 3 Sisters fleet in TPATQ....

There were caches of dragons eggs on dragonstone, we have no idea what happened to all of them.

Nor do we know where magister Illyrio got his 3 dragons eggs from, the three he gifted to Dany.

There is a lot we don't know, as well as a lot that's possible

"He lifted his eyes and saw clear across the narrow sea, to the a Free Cities and the green Dothraki sea and beyond, to Vaes Dothrak under it's mountain, to the fabled lands of the Jade Sea, to Asshai by the Shadow, where dragons stirred beneath the sunrise."

It seems that he is seeing the present because he sees Arya and Sansa in KL then sees Jon at the wall.

I posted this exact idea in another thread a couple days ago. Too lazy to find and post a link to it now, but i had the same idea, but also thought there would be a dragon-rider (or riders) that is also revealed along with this new dragon. The rider most likely being a character thought to be lost or dead.

Benjen that is Daario that is Gerion? :D

Seriously now: I don't think it impossible for another dragon to be woken up by the Hatchlings, like the end of a hibernation. Do we know if Dragons can, literally, congeal themselves and sleep like rocks, as Mel seems to believe. "wake dragons from the stone" could mean hatching a dragon, but that would be useless for at least 3 years until the dragon could fight, so why not bring a dragon back from hybernation?

I suggest, the Cannibal and Sheepstealer are both still "out there", alive or dead, and their offspring. I don't remember Sheepstealer's gender, but Caraxes and him spent a long time together, and he could have left with eggs. The Cannibal could also be hidden inside the volcanos in Dragonstone, why not, to be awoken by someone looking for riches in the castle after they heroically took it from Stannis, right, Loras?

The Winterfell dragon is a dragon, awoken from the hot pools, I know, I know, oh oh oh. What Bran describes is Winterfell as a broken shell, and a dragon flying. I quote:

One charred corpse, outside the ashen shell of Mother’s sept, sat with his arms drawn up and his hands balled into hard black fists, as if to punch anyone who dared approach him.

The smoke and ash clouded his eyes, and in the sky he saw a great winged snake whose roar was a river of flame. He bared his teeth, but then the snake was gone. Behind the cliffs tall fires were eating up the stars.

The First Keep had not been used for many hundreds of years, but now it was more of a shell than ever. The floors had burned inside it, and all the beams. Where the wall had fallen away, they could see right into the rooms, even into the privy. Yet behind, the broken tower still stood, no more burned than before

“We made noise enough to wake a dragon,” Osha said,

It took the rest of the morning to make a slow circuit of the castle. The great granite walls remained, blackened here and there by fire but otherwise untouched. But within, all was death and destruction. The doors of the Great Hall were charred and smoldering, and inside the rafters had given way and the whole roof had crashed down onto the floor. The green and yellow panes of the glass gardens were all in shards, the trees and fruits and flowers torn up or left exposed to die. Of the stables, made of wood and thatch, nothing remained but ashes, embers, and dead horses.

There was a shallow steaming lake beneath the Library Tower, and hot water gushing from a crack in its side. The bridge between the Bell Tower and the rookery had collapsed into the yard below, and Maester Luwin’s turret was gone. They saw a dull red glow shining up through the narrow cellar windows beneath the Great Keep, and a second fire still burning in one of the storehouses.

There is more, but I can't find all the qoutes just now...

So, I think a dragon emerged from Winterfell, hunted some horses, and left. Yeah. Just a theory, though...

I'm kinda wondering if the name Cannibal is a hint to where he may have ended up. Coincidentally Skagos means stone. So if he's taking a nap and someone were to wake him up from....stone. He's Coal black so all of the symbolism about black wings surrounding Jon could refer to Cannibal.

There's goats on skagos too. Aka Sheep.

I suggest, the Cannibal and Sheepstealer are both still "out there", alive or dead, and their offspring. I don't remember Sheepstealer's gender, but Caraxes and him spent a long time together, and he could have left with eggs. The Cannibal could also be hidden inside the volcanos in Dragonstone, why not, to be awoken by someone looking for riches in the castle after they heroically took it from Stannis, right, Loras?

Dragons can change gender so Sheepstealers gender really wouldn't matter. I don't think she's still out there though. That worldbook sample suggested that Yendal did know her ultimate fate, it was just a mystery for many years after the Dance.

Dragons can change gender so Sheepstealers gender really wouldn't matter. I don't think she's still out there though. That worldbook sample suggested that Yendal did know her ultimate fate, it was just a mystery for many years after the Dance.

Yeah, Sheepstealer is 99.9% guessed dead. But what of it's offspring?

I guess I would have to wonder why Euron would bother going after Dany and her dragons if he has his own. If he had one then he sure as hell would have brought it to the Kingsmoot, that would have guaranteed his being named King.

You never know, but I wouldn't think he has one.

It's also not completely out of the realm of possibility that the two dragons Danny had secured in the pyramid crypts couldn't have laid some eggs and fertilized them in there. We don't really know how long it takes for one of them to be sexually mature. Maybe they laid the eggs and took off, like turltes do...maybe in 100 years that pyramid will suddenly crack open and a million million dragons will pour out of it like the second moon.

I think the topic of this thread should be changed.

Thought this was going to be info from an interview. Leaving thread disappointed.

Pretty much how the title reads, your not the only one.

On the topic I do not think anymore dragons with be introduced this late into the story. It would come off as sloppy writing and not something I can see GRRM doing.

Just posted this in another thread, but I really feel like Bran's dream of the Ice Dragon flying out of the crypts of Winterfell is a symbolic vision of the future. At some point, Jon is going to go back to Winterfell and go into the crypts that he, himself, has dreamed about. In the crypts, he's going to find something or be shown something (By Howland Reed?) that shows he is really the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar. He will emerge from the crypts of Winterfell knowing that he is an Ice Dragon. (Stark/Targaryen)

The dragon is metaphorical and a vision of things to come.

I'd like to see this scene.

I really hope no more literal dragons get thrown into the mix. I thought the last two books introduced too many new elements as it is.

Benjen that is Daario that is Gerion? :D

Seriously now: I don't think it impossible for another dragon to be woken up by the Hatchlings, like the end of a hibernation. Do we know if Dragons can, literally, congeal themselves and sleep like rocks, as Mel seems to believe. "wake dragons from the stone" could mean hatching a dragon, but that would be useless for at least 3 years until the dragon could fight, so why not bring a dragon back from hybernation?

The Winterfell dragon is a dragon, awoken from the hot pools, I know, I know, oh oh oh. What Bran describes is Winterfell as a broken shell, and a dragon flying. I quote:

There is more, but I can't find all the qoutes just now...

So, I think a dragon emerged from Winterfell, hunted some horses, and left. Yeah. Just a theory, though...A

What is a dragon life span? the oldest dragon that lived was 200 years old these dragons are dead Sheepstealer and Cannibal but you may be RIGHT about their eggs.

What is a dragon life span? the oldest dragon that lived was 200 years old these dragons are dead Sheepstealer and Cannibal but you may be RIGHT about their eggs.

Not necessarily eggs; what about their hatchlings?

If what is needed for the birth of a dragon is either A) King's blood or B ) A previous dragon already being alive, then it'd make sense that Sheepstealer had kids, and they went wherever Nettles went.

I mean, in The Rogue Prince we find out that when Rhaenyra, Daemon and Laena were living near each other, Syrak produced clutches of dragons eggs. Why didn't they all hatch, and where are the hatchlings said to be there when Aemond rode Vhagar, and where are these dragon eggs themselves?

Archived