Martin's hints and clues to Dragons yet to be introduced to the story

Varamyr6skins

"The clouds in the sky were aglow; pink and purple, maroon and gold, pearl and saffron. One looked like a Dragon"

-ADWD Tyrion IV pg. 180

First I would like to start with the how.

When Dany's dragons were born, that signified the return of magic into the world. It is safe to say that Danys three dragons eggs were not the only dragons eggs in the world.

There is no evidence to support that.

Therefore it is safe to assume that, with magic back in the world, there is a strong possibility that there is a chance for other Dragons eggs to now hatch. going by that it is also possible that Dragons eggs could have hatched within the same year that Danys dragons hatched. Going by that it is possible that there are Dragons out there in the world roughly the same age and size as Danys.

Now I offer one clue to what those dragons might look like.

Pink and purple

Maroon and gold

Pearl and saffron

In Martins world of A Song of Ice and Fire, Dragons are often described as having 2 distinct colors. the color of their scales and the color of their horns, spinal plates and wing membranes.

I would like other people to offer any ideas, hints or clues within the text of A Song of Ice and Fire to either support or shoot down my claim that other Dragons WILL be introduced to the story.

Yes, but not near Asshai...He was warged into Summer after winterfell was razed and burnt. He saw a winged shadow spitting a swirl of flame, then the beast was gone. It was Brans last chapter in ACOK.

Yes Eurons egg that he allegedly tossed, I don't think I believe he tossed it at all. Would he even tell Victarion that he had a dragon egg? Perhaps it hatched and he has a hatchling? Within the realm of possibility.

There was Viserion's egg that he had with him when taken captive by the 3 Sisters fleet in TPATQ....

There were caches of dragons eggs on dragonstone, we have no idea what happened to all of them.

Nor do we know where magister Illyrio got his 3 dragons eggs from, the three he gifted to Dany.

There is a lot we don't know, as well as a lot that's possible

"The clouds in the sky were aglow; pink and purple, maroon and gold, pearl and saffron. One looked like a Dragon"

-ADWD Tyrion IV pg. 180

First I would like to start with the how.

When Dany's dragons were born, that signified the return of magic into the world. It is safe to say that Danys three dragons eggs were not the only dragons eggs in the world.

There is no evidence to support that.

Therefore it is safe to assume that, with magic back in the world, there is a strong possibility that there is a chance for other Dragons eggs to now hatch. going by that it is also possible that Dragons eggs could have hatched within the same year that Danys dragons hatched. Going by that it is possible that there are Dragons out there in the world roughly the same age and size as Danys.

Now I offer one clue to what those dragons might look like.

Pink and purple

Maroon and gold

Pearl and saffron

In Martins world of A Song of Ice and Fire, Dragons are often described as having 2 distinct colors. the color of their scales and the color of their horns, spinal plates and wing membranes.

I would like other people to offer any ideas, hints or clues within the text of A Song of Ice and Fire to either support or shoot down my claim that other Dragons WILL be introduced to the story.

I posted this exact idea in another thread a couple days ago. Too lazy to find and post a link to it now, but i had the same idea, but also thought there would be a dragon-rider (or riders) that is also revealed along with this new dragon. The rider most likely being a character thought to be lost or dead.

I posted this exact idea in another thread a couple days ago. Too lazy to find and post a link to it now, but i had the same idea, but also thought there would be a dragon-rider (or riders) that is also revealed along with this new dragon. The rider most likely being a character thought to be lost or dead.

I really hope not. Too many dues ex machinas. Secret/hidden characters so far have been great, but it's saturated now. I liked the inclusion of Aegon and stuff, I have nothing against it, but I really hope more people we thought were dead don't just come out of nowhere ON DRAGONS. Or at all. This includes Jon being a Targ (R + L = J is not real).

I still hold with the theory that a dragon was loosed from Winterfell.

Just posted this in another thread, but I really feel like Bran's dream of the Ice Dragon flying out of the crypts of Winterfell is a symbolic vision of the future. At some point, Jon is going to go back to Winterfell and go into the crypts that he, himself, has dreamed about. In the crypts, he's going to find something or be shown something (By Howland Reed?) that shows he is really the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar. He will emerge from the crypts of Winterfell knowing that he is an Ice Dragon. (Stark/Targaryen)

The dragon is metaphorical and a vision of things to come.

Just posted this in another thread, but I really feel like Bran's dream of the Ice Dragon flying out of the crypts of Winterfell is a symbolic vision of the future. At some point, Jon is going to go back to Winterfell and go into the crypts that he, himself, has dreamed about. In the crypts, he's going to find something or be shown something (By Howland Reed?) that shows he is really the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar. He will emerge from the crypts of Winterfell knowing that he is an Ice Dragon. (Stark/Targaryen)

:agree:

Like I said, It is possible that D. eggs could have hatched the same year, same month, even say day as Danys dragon eggs hatched.

If Danys Dragon eggs were the last dragon eggs on earth then we have our answer......BUT, If they were not the last dragon eggs on the earth, then not only is it possible, but actually plausible that there is some dragon egg hatching happening somewhere.

Logically thinking, and judging from what we saw in TPATQ,

it seems that the relationship the person has with the dragon egg has some importance. It feels like there is a reason parents would put a dragon egg into the cradle with a baby.

Perhaps even if there are dragons in the world again, a dragon just hatching may not be as simple as that. it may require something, some sort of process of maturity or growing an individual egg owner goes through which puts into motion the development of the dragon. But then I think about how history tells us that the first Valyrians discovered dragons, therefore the dragons were there on their own living and reproducing. So only Martin knows. or maybe he hasn't decided yet.

I do believe that the story is going to pick up pace. A lot. And there are going to be epic battles and scenes involving the dragons. And that we're going to see dragon(s) vs dragon(s) and the story will benefit from having more than what we have now.

I see a lot of people when expressing a particular idea states..and then Dany will roast the wights and others via dragon(s)..they automatically assume it will be as simple as that, as easy.

There's got to be something on team other that can compete with the dragons..Lets not forget the "Ice Spiders" we've heard about. I believe we'll see an Ice dragon or a wight dragon, or the scene from the GOT show where we see a baby turn into a wight with the touch from "Nights King" could foreshadow that happening to a dragon, one of Danys..and there we have a Wight dragon.

There will be more dragons than just the 3 we have now.

Then how do you explain the coldness of Winterfell afterwards?

Then how do you explain the coldness of Winterfell afterwards?

Winter. :drunk:

No, there's obviously something happening underneath Winterfell and ever since the Stark's left, it has lost all of its warmth. (There must always be a Stark in Winterfell, no one said it was because someone had to pay the heating bills though)

Could it be because of a Dragon that left when the Starks left? Possibly. I would find it odd that a Dragon had been down there hibernating for hundreds of years without nourishment but I don't exactly claim to know much about the way Dragons work. But it could really be something as simple as Winter freezing all of the warmth out of Winterfell. Some people have the EXTREMELY crackpot theory that Roose Bolton is actually a Wight, if that were to be true, I suppose he could be causing the coldness of Winterfell? All are just theories but I'm not sure I believe any of them just yet. However, while I do believe there does have to be a reason for the change in temperature in Winterfell, it doesn't change that I believe Jon is destined to discover his parentage in the crypts and emerge as the Ice Dragon.

Targs traditionally were given dragon eggs in their cribs. Was there a dragon egg at the Tower of Joy waiting for Jon's crib? What would Ned have done with it? If he took it to Winterfell, could the burning of Winterfell have hatched it? But how could it have been flying already just after the sack?

I was about to just say "Eh, I don't really believe it," but then I saw this post.

Mind= Blown.

/followed

VICTARION CHAINBREAKER

That honestly would explain it and still fit with Martins style, format, everything, If Jon was given an egg, Ned hid the Egg in the crypts, The Dragon that Bran/Summer saw could have been Jons Dragon, flying off North because it feels bonded to Jon. Then Jon would have to Journey North to find his dragon and tame it.

That would be an epic scene!!!!!! and could totally see Martin envisioning it.

Archived