Above the Paygrade of the Faceless Men

Tywin Manderly

this is a cool question. It would have to be someone very well-protected, but who is not so wealthy that they have a giant train of servants into which a Faceless Man could slip unnoticed. Anybody in King's Landing is disqualified, as it's just too easy to be anonymous there. Perhaps someone living in the Eyrie ("it's impreg-nable" ), but we see Littlefinger slipping in with randos, and Marillion got in just fine, so probably not there either.

My guess is gonna be Benjen Stark, because I don't think a Faceless Man would be able to find him.

Even a cripple was able to reach him. So?

A very special cripple, along with a guy over 7 foot tall and a direwolf that the cripple can enter any time he wants and command their bodies. Bran was guided by the greendreams. A FM wouldn't have those to guide him. He'd freeze to death before he even got close.

Pretty sure that having a high ranking position in the Iron Bank may come with some benefits, maybe not necessarily immunity... but I think there's a special relationship between the IB and the FM that we'll learn more about soon (hopefully)...

Oh, and this:

Even a cripple was able to reach him. So?

Pretty derogatory.

Benjen Stark, Tyrek Lannister, Syrio Forel. He'd be just as stumped as us.

Moqorro because he couldn't be poisoned, and he would see the treachery in his flames.

Mel for the same reasons, but I don't think she can interpret as well as him.

Dany because at the moment she is with Drogon and her new Khalasar.

Jaqen because he knows their tricks.

Walder Frey because he's too damned paranoid.

Lady Stone heart and Robert Strong because they are dead. Don't think it's in their protocol. It's Only to stop dead people from getting back up.

The Queen of Thorns because The Queen of Thorns

BloodRaven because nobody could find him with out spirit guides, and as far as anyone knows he is dead as hell.

The Weeper, because we don't know what kind of games that dude is up to.

Tommen, because he has a food taster and is being watched at all times.

Doran Martell because Areo Hotah is one of my favorite characters.

Benjen Stark, Tyrek Lannister, Syrio Forel. He'd be just as stumped as us.

Moqorro because he couldn't be poisoned, and he would see the treachery in his flames.

Mel for the same reasons, but I don't think she can interpret as well as him.

Dany because at the moment she is with Drogon and her new Khalasar.

Jaqen because he knows their tricks.

Walder Frey because he's too damned paranoid.

Lady Stone heart and Robert Strong because they are dead. Don't think it's in their protocol. It's Only to stop dead people from getting back up.

The Queen of Thorns because The Queen of Thorns

BloodRaven because nobody could find him with out spirit guides, and as far as anyone knows he is dead as hell.

The Weeper, because we don't know what kind of games that dude is up to.

Tommen, because he has a food taster and is being watched at all times.

Doran Martell because Areo Hotah is one of my favorite characters.

I disagree with the idea that the FM couldn't, or wouldn't want to be able.......to do something about the walking undead. The Kindly Man has specifically pointed out that there is not a people in the world that manages to avoid death and live forever. I think things like LSH and UnGregor would horrify someone like the KM, and he would consider it his duty to put them down. I do suspect that Arya might have to do something like this with LSH herself, and that MAY finally teach her something about the 'gift' of death, resetting her course in the story. I think it's a possibility, anyway.

I'll put Bloodraven as the first person on this list (I can't see a faceless man reach him undetected), followed by the red priests (Moqorro, Melisandre).

I haven't seen Varys mentioned. I suppose he would be a difficult target as well.

Archived