Book Release Delayed?

howdarkwepray

Thank you for saying that about the dust jacket! :D

Do you want a picture so you can get a better idea?

Also, I agree with whoever posted before Ghost's Shadow. This book is much larger than I expected it to be :p But the illustrations are gorgeous, I am very impressed.

I'm tracking my UK copy now. It's in a depot somewhere currently, on its way for tomorrow (28th) delivery. Amazon usually deliver around 13:40. I've never known them be later than that.

Did anyone check if they'd ordered Kindle version instead of book? That's not around until later, like 20th November.

They delivered here at 17u12, exactly 12 minutes after I lost hope and went out to our local store (we had guests tonight) and exactly two minutes before I got back. I left the house for 14 minutes and they managed to deliver in that time... Well at least I will have it tomorrow. Sympathy for all the rest!

They delivered here at 17u12, exactly 12 minutes after I lost hope and went out to our local store (we had guests tonight) and exactly two minutes before I got back. I left the house for 14 minutes and they managed to deliver in that time... Well at least I will have it tomorrow. Sympathy for all the rest!

Life is so twisted sometimes :frown5:

Mine is out for delivery, I will be scared now to leave house till six and I need to pick up my children at 4pm..

On Amazon.de, the UK version isn't in stock any more, and my delivery hasn't moved closer to today, but is still for 5-6 Nov. Soooo disappointed.

Naturally, the US edition is still in stock, but more expensive.

I could kick myself a bit for cancelling the 1.5 years ago pre-ordered red cover version and not keeping it as ordered to closer the release date (then I would have known about the dust cover) and I could perhaps still have had it this week.

Lesson for TWoW: order about every version the minute it comes onto the site and delete once you are sure it's not the version you want, lol.

Weird to see that even Amazon.UK would be able to deliver the book faster to me than DE.

Edit: You know what? Estimated delivery: 31 Oct 2014 - 1 Nov 2014. There. I'm a bit poorer, but at least I can have it by Monday or so.

Best lesson is to not pre-order and order when it actually says in stock. They constantly fuck up pre-orders at Amazon.

Delivery estimate: 5-10 November.

Deliver estimate after dispatch: 31st October

Delivered: 30th October. (Note, I'm not in UK)

In the end, well done Amazon UK. :)

Same here :)

My estimated delivery date was Nov. 7-11, then changed to Nov 3 after dispatch, and today when I got home it was already waiting for me!

Archived