Book Release Delayed?

howdarkwepray

Amazon Germany sent me an email today that It'll be delivered next Tuesday (10/28).

Yay! So much looking forward to it.

That's really interesting, because I ordered it from Amazon Germany, too (I live in Germany) and for me the estimated delivery date is November 5th. I even phoned them toady and they said, that they could not send it before November 3rd

You need to mail back and ask them why neighbouring countries don't get their usual 2-3 day delivery, but have to wait an extra week on top of that, to get to a possible 5-6 Nov delivery date. :P

I phoned Amazon Germany today and the person I spoke to said that they could not give it to the post before November 3rd which would explain the delivery date.

My hard-copy through amazon.de should also arrive on 28th, according to a recent update. Originally, it was supposed to arrive on 28th November, and then on 3rd November, and now on the release date.

But I've pre-ordered the book as soon as it was listed there. If I remember correctly, then the date of the order sort of determines who gets served first.

I'd not surprised if you all got your copy on the 28th/29th, though. At least as long as amazon.de gets enough copies of the book in advance to make good on all the pre-order.

I had a pre-order from last year up, first, and that one also had the 5-6 Nov delivery date. It was the red cover so I had to switch to the black one ( :P ).

I'm not entirely sold on it not being here next week, but only on the 5-6 Nov, because as you say, if they have enough books then they'll ship them out. No need to wait.

I had a pre-order from last year up, first, and that one also had the 5-6 Nov delivery date. It was the red cover so I had to switch to the black one ( :P ).

I'm not entirely sold on it not being here next week, but only on the 5-6 Nov, because as you say, if they have enough books then they'll ship them out. No need to wait.

Are you Germany too?

I feel kind of guilty now. I only pre-ordered this summer off Amazon UK and I will likely have mine before you :uhoh: If its any consolation, I will or will not spoil you as you request ;)

Standard shipping could be part of the reason I guess. I got free same day delivery, because I think I signed up to Amazon Prime or Amazon Student or Amazon Interwebs or Amazon Nerd or whatever the thing is called. My charge dropped yesterday to £4 and change, which was nice

I'm tracking my UK copy now. It's in a depot somewhere currently, on its way for tomorrow (28th) delivery. Amazon usually deliver around 13:40. I've never known them be later than that.

Did anyone check if they'd ordered Kindle version instead of book? That's not around until later, like 20th November.

On Amazon.de, the UK version isn't in stock any more, and my delivery hasn't moved closer to today, but is still for 5-6 Nov. Soooo disappointed.

Naturally, the US edition is still in stock, but more expensive.

I could kick myself a bit for cancelling the 1.5 years ago pre-ordered red cover version and not keeping it as ordered to closer the release date (then I would have known about the dust cover) and I could perhaps still have had it this week.

Lesson for TWoW: order about every version the minute it comes onto the site and delete once you are sure it's not the version you want, lol.

Weird to see that even Amazon.UK would be able to deliver the book faster to me than DE.

Edit: You know what? Estimated delivery: 31 Oct 2014 - 1 Nov 2014. There. I'm a bit poorer, but at least I can have it by Monday or so.

Archived