what would stannis do if aegon took the throne?

Illyrio+varys forever

let's say that aegon took the throne with the tyrell's and the martel's behind him and tommen and myrcella are now dead.

let's say that in the same time stannis was able to put behind him all the north and hire 20,000 sellswords.

know he heard that aaegon targaryen son of rhaegar targaryen took the throne, would he still fight Against them? after all aegon is the rightful king, so stannis won't fight against a usurper anymore he will fight for robert legacy.so would he still fight?

Keep fighting; remember that Aegon* (and Daenerys, and Jon if proven a legitimate son of Rhaegar, just to cover all possible examples in one shot) is part of a different line of succession. The Targaryen line technically doesn't count until and unless they take back the whole Seven Kingdoms; what counts, what Stannis is fighting under, and indeed Joffrey and Tommen, is the Baratheon line. Which is officially Tommen, because Tommen is officially Robert's son as Robert never disowned him and Stannis has yet to prove illegitimacy, but actually Stannis.

Of course, right now he's busy, so in practice he probably wouldn't be moving against Aegon anytime soon, he'd just continue on his current path. But if it came direct to letting a Targaryen, any Targaryen, rule or fight them for the throne, he'd fight.

*Regardless of whether or not Aegon is real, my point is based on the place in succession he's claiming.

like I said and Renly on tv at least. "no one wants you for their king". If you ever travel through cities and once in a while you will see someone "preaching" loudly on a street corner or some plain lunatic screaming at traffic as if they are someone important? Well, if Stannis survives, he reminds me of one of these types. with no one really paying him any attention.

Just this once, he'd probably forget about everyone else and just consider this in light of what it means to him personally...he might even completely lose it and finally give way to all the 'poor me' self-pity and complaints he has thus far manfully kept locked inside him all these years.

Archived