AcroPhilia Game 2

Lady Blizzardborn

recons is a word. why would it be reckons? its easier to recon a polliwog than reckon one.

It is possible to recon a polliwog? So recon is a verb? My problem was mainly that Merriam-Webster only had a definition for the noun recon and LEO only had translations for a noun recon. But if you say there is a verb to recon, I guess I'll have to look to other dictionaries to find a translation/definition of that.

Well, both sources I used had it as short version of the military term reconnaissance, but that's a noun. I googled it now and other sources confirmed your opinion. Recon can be used as a verb, as short form of reconnoitre, i.e. do a recon mission or scout. Sorry for confusing you and everyone.

On the last round, my assignment was Joffrey. Here are two other options I almost used:

• Evil crossbowin’ freak, really inspires panic.
  • Twincest spawn. Awful little devil.

Since both of those seemed too easy, I eventually went with:

• Eventfully choked from Red. Incredibly purple!

On the last round, my assignment was Joffrey. Here are two other options I almost used:

• Evil crossbowin’ freak, really inspires panic.

Twincest spawn. Awful little devil.

Since both of those seemed too easy, I eventually went with:

• Eventfully choked from Red. Incredibly purple!

Your entry was good, but the rejects are funny! :lmao:

Thanks hc and yomi.

You know, I have always picked up on the theme right away, at least partially.

This round has me baffled!

I've only got 6 of the 15 so far, but can feel the theme like it's on the tip of my tongue though my last guess was wrong.

I have a question Lady B. Is #6 an 'in world' clue. Or is it referring to real world reactions (literati incensed etc)?

Literati incensed is real world, the rest is in-world. The only literati I can think of in-world are The Reader and Sam, and I can't think of a single thing that has upset both of them.

Thanks I was afraid the exec was a GOT exec who'd changed the plot about a murder and drawn the ire of readers but I am not up on these debates.

Literati incensed is real world, the rest is in-world. The only literati I can think of in-world are The Reader and Sam, and I can't think of a single thing that has upset both of them.

I have 13 correct and I am pretty sure have an idea about the theme.

The two clues giving me fits are 1 and 3. Send me the answers telepathically, please.

Sent.

I think one is obvious but 3 not so much so I may have telepathed the wrong answers.

1,6,10,14, :bawl:

Theories! These are theories on the forums I presume. :bawl:

Have they ever had fruit for breakfast?

Do any of them wear knickers? (In the British sense.)

Are they bigger than a breadbox?

Archived