Daenerys' Father

WardofWinterfell

Yeah there's. Pretty plausible you tube theory on R + L = D and A+B = J

Round 1 and Round 2, about those specific video's

How about, R + L = J + D?

And this

For both theories, though, the timelines are severely incorrect, and textual evidence is at times simply ignored (to the opinions of many). But, reading the linked threads, that should become clear.

I think the chances of Daenerys being the daugher of anyone other than Aerys and Rhaella are pretty slim. There is even less textual evidence of that than there is for Tyrion and/or Jaime/Cersei being the bastard children of Aerys.

Plus, it would serve nothing to the plot at all. At least with Tyrion there's the whole dragonrider thing, and with J/C there's the incest. And lastly, how would such a revelation even come about? Rhaella would not have had an affair with anyone whilst she was still in the capital and anyone who could have known about it afterwards is likely dead.

While i'm not totally on board with anything either way, the things we know about dannys birth are the storm and that can be tied to a specific event-if indeed she was born during said storm which of course given the unreliable nature of things could also be a lie.

I guess the point is, in story, GRRM can change his 'facts' as he chooses.

While i'm not totally on board with anything either way, the things we know about dannys birth are the storm and that can be tied to a specific event-if indeed she was born during said storm which of course given the unreliable nature of things could also be a lie.

I guess the point is, in story, GRRM can change his 'facts' as he chooses.

GRRM has stated quite categorically that he thinks changing facts mid-story destroys the story.

I think that Jon is the only character with a "secret parents" twist. Everyone else has enough going on not to need it. Tyrion doesn't need it to ride a dragon, he'll have the horn to do that (why else put him in Mereen and send Victarion with the horn as well?). What I'm far more interested in is who is Aegon's parents? And what will Dany do when she finds someone is running around Westeros with a better claim to the throne she has gone through hell for?

Archived