(Spoilers) Boardwalk Empire: Why must it always be pandemonium?!

Mark Antony

Van Aldens was weak he should have been cut early on. But then that is probably my main complaint with the show, it got bogged down in too many storylines and tried to juggle them all when it should have trimmed them a bit more mercilessly.

I think this is a general problem with HBO-style shows from Sopranos and True Blood through to Dexter. It becomes more noticeable as the seasons accumulate.Maybe it's a reason why Rome and Deadwood stand up so well? We'll never know for those two shows but they may have also got dragged down by keeping popular characters around.

I think this is a general problem with HBO-style shows from Sopranos and True Blood through to Dexter. It becomes more noticeable as the seasons accumulate.Maybe it's a reason why Rome and Deadwood stand up so well? We'll never know for those two shows but they may have also got dragged down by keeping popular characters around.

I used to have so much respect for you, and then you go and mention The Sopranos and True Blood in the same sentence. For shame! :P

Archived