[Spoiler's All] Loras: Injured, Or Perfectly Healthy?

Blazfemur

K-26dp, 2k Lannister men were sent with the Redwyn fleet and Loras. Loras also took an order from the queen in front of the entire court. Your saying that they explicitly lied to Cersei in front of the court, then took those 2k Lannister men around to the Reach without attacking Dragonstone and none of those men questioned it? Or they would have had to have been killed, at least 1k of them since they said half the force was lost.

You can't just do stuff like that and remain allies. It also doesn't really make any sense to send Loras to the Reach, Garlan the better warrior is already there, as well as Willas, the smart 1, so why send Margerys guard?

K-26dp, 2k Lannister men were sent with the Redwyn fleet and Loras. Loras also took an order from the queen in front of the entire court. Your saying that they explicitly lied to Cersei in front of the court, then took those 2k Lannister men around to the Reach without attacking Dragonstone and none of those men questioned it? Or they would have had to have been killed, at least 1k of them since they said half the force was lost.

You can't just do stuff like that and remain allies. It also doesn't really make any sense to send Loras to the Reach, Garlan the better warrior is already there, as well as Willas, the smart 1, so why send Margerys guard?

perhaps, not the reach. eh?? EHH????

I don't believe that it's physically possible for Loras to survive the injuries they describe, which include boiling oil, crossbow hits, mace hits, the works. According to Aurane, the admiral who runs off with Cersei's navy, and is unreliable, Loras got hit with every weapon used in Westeros. What makes it really suspicious is that on top of surviving all this, he managed to search the island for treasure, which is, like...what? I think the Tyrells took the island, but are keeping their son away from court. There could be lots of reasons for this. Leaving both Loras and Margaery at the mercy of Lannisters is unwise. Being (supposedly) wounded leaves Loras free to act, and Olenna might believe that she needs a free agent working for the family; I don't believe that Olenna trusts the situation in KL, at all. Also, I'd like to know what the Tyrells found on Dragonstone. They say that they found nothing. I don't trust them.

What of the Eyrie? Baelish has a mass force now if he could rally them. And technically he's still on "good" terms with everyone, he assumed the poison to joffrey via the queen of thorns, they have a connection, and he appears to still be on good terms with the lannisters,

looking for motive and possible reasoning, but the logistics are there

I mean, i know Baelish isnt the most well-liked person in the Vale, but how does the Vale (outside of Baelish) react to an envoy of the Reach? is the vale on good terms with the reach? Loras could be just the thing to get the Vale to back Baelish

Cersei will ask Ser Robert Strong to be her champion in her Faith trial. At the start of the fight, Ser Robert Strong will finally lift his visor and scream "Surprise!" It's actually Ser Loras on stilts! He snuck back to Queen's landing. He immediately yields to whoever his opponent is, and Cersei is toast. Then Margaery jumps out from the crowd and says "I pick him as champion for my trial!"

Cersei will ask Ser Robert Strong to be her champion in her Faith trial. At the start of the fight, Ser Robert Strong will finally lift his visor and scream "Surprise!" It's actually Ser Loras on stilts! He snuck back to Queen's landing. He immediately yields to whoever his opponent is, and Cersei is toast. Then Margaery jumps out from the crowd and says "I pick him as champion for my trial!"

now you just gave me an idea. what if Loras was sent to the eyrie to find a champion for margaery.. the dude witht he armor witht he runes all over it, or the other dude that wields Lady Forlorn

I forgot to say - this is what Maggie the Frog meant when she said a "younger, more beautiful queen" would be Cersei's downfall. The younger more beautiful queen is Ser Loras.

Could Loras be sent as an envoy to the eyrie to allign a secret brokerage between the reach, and the vale? (Loras to Baelish)

It's possible. Both the Eyrie and the Reach are relatively untouched by war, except for the Greyjoys whose threat is limited to naval engagements. They're separated by the Riverlands, and I think LF, via Harrenhall, has claim over those. Cersei can't be trusted. It's a valid move.

It's possible. Both the Eyrie and the Reach are relatively untouched by war, except for the Greyjoys whose threat is limited to naval engagements. They're separated by the Riverlands, and I think LF, via Harrenhall, has claim over those. Cersei can't be trusted. It's a valid move.

Loras to Baelish, rallies the Eyrie in a joint attempt to take down the Lannisters, which ONLY makes Baelish look better in their eyes. Sansa's on board because she loves loras, and HATES the lannisters. . Loras and whomever (Royce?) with the rune armor, or that dude with Lady Forlorn, come back to king's landing ahead of their numbers to serve as margaery's champion against Ser Robert. i see this individual losing, though (dont see cersei dying yet)

I mean, i know Baelish isnt the most well-liked person in the Vale, but how does the Vale (outside of Baelish) react to an envoy of the Reach? is the vale on good terms with the reach? Loras could be just the thing to get the Vale to back Baelish

now you just gave me an idea. what if Loras was sent to the eyrie to find a champion for margaery.. the dude witht he armor witht he runes all over it, or the other dude that wields Lady Forlorn

Bronze Yohn isn't going to follow anything related to Littlefinger. Also, except for Nestor Royce and Lyn Corbray hardly anyone in the Vale would rally if Baelish called the banner.

Loras to Baelish, rallies the Eyrie in a joint attempt to take down the Lannisters, which ONLY makes Baelish look better in their eyes. Sansa's on board because she loves loras, and HATES the lannisters. . Loras and whomever (Royce?) with the rune armor, or that dude with Lady Forlorn, come back to king's landing ahead of their numbers to serve as margaery's champion against Ser Robert. i see this individual losing, though (dont see cersei dying yet)

Loras Tyrell murdered Bronze Yohn's son Ser Robar, so I rather doubt he would be welcomed with open arms in the Vale. With arms, maybe.

The idea that Dragonstone hasn't fallen and the Tyrells are somehow lying about that just doesn't make any sense. That couldn't be concealed. Nor does it make sense to pretend Loras is dead.

Bronze Yohn isn't going to follow anything related to Littlefinger. Also, except for Nestor Royce and Lyn Corbray hardly anyone in the Vale would rally if Baelish called the banner.

but it would be an act against the lannisters, the same lannisters that "poisoned" jon arryn (they know no better). and if the vale is on good terms with the reach, then baelish supporting a plan of the reach to take down an enemy of the vale? "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" kind of thing (for NOW).

it would only benefit everyone. the one flaw in this, is that Sansa knows it was Grandmama Tyrell who killed joffrey. if that got out to the vale, it'd ruin everything.

However, i see only benefits from all sides, if Loras, procured Baelish, baelish would look good to the Vale, The Vale & The Reach combine their forces and take King's Landing from the Lannisters. The plan in theory, would be perfect on all sides. Of course, some bad apples may get in the way. But to take down the Lannisters? It'd be the best possible shot everyone has in doing this. Win the throne, by conquest. Theyd be marching on king's landing from 2 sides, and if baelish could work his magic with the northern houses via sansa, theyd have 3 out of the 4 sides marching against kings landing, and only casterly rock to worry about (a big worry, but 3 sides together?)

But to fight the Ironborn they need the ships that are tied up in the siege of Dragonstone, which is the whole point of Loras going there, to take Dragonstone, end the siege, and free up the ships.

Unless there were some way he could convince everybody there to put the siege on hold and sail away to the other side of Westeros, which would put him and them at odds with the Lannisters, and thereby with the king, no matter if they defeated the Ironborn in record time and went back and took Dragonstone in just an hour or two. And Cersei would still have a cow.

I wasn't trying to figure out what happened, I was just saying that the Tyrell's motivations for trying to trick Cersei don't necessarily involve them siding with Aegon or anyone else.

Horrifically injured. But will ultimately be fine. Well, as fine as it can get, we're talking Loras here.

I don't believe that it's physically possible for Loras to survive the injuries they describe, (...)

Well, yes, there is that. But then there is also magic and dragons and stuff.

ETA:

Loras Tyrell murdered Bronze Yohn's son Ser Robar, so I rather doubt he would be welcomed with open arms in the Vale. With arms, maybe.

I always find this "Yohn will (want to) avenge Robar" argument rather strange to be honest. I mean, how do we even know what Yohn thought of Robar? Maybe he thought he was a total dumbass for following Renly and got what he deserved?

Archived