ASoIaF politicians and their real life counterparts.

Salafi Stannis

OK, so, title says it all, shall we begin?

Oberyn Martell = Silvio Berlusconi - Both powerful old men known for their insatiable sexual appetites for young women.

Joffrey Baratheon = Kim Jong Un - Both came into power at a very young age after their fathers death and both despicable human beings who are among the worst rulers in history

Robb Stark = Alex Salmond - Both rulers of the northern part of their country who tried to win back independence and failed, causing them to lose their position

Khal Drogo = Vladmir Putin - Both Eastern rulers who are morally unscrupulous and obsessed with displaying their masculinity, and both always have their shirts off.

Joe Biden = Orton Merryweather - Both technically second in command of the most powerful country but don't really hold much power

Hilary Clinton - Daenerys Targaryen - Both powerful women who could become the next ruler, both immediate family members of the ruler before last, both adored by their fans and abhorred by their detractors

Pope Francis = Tyrion's High Septon - Both are heads of the largest religion, don't really do much but are seen as better people than their predecessors

Head of the Iron Bank = Jaime Carauna - Both heads of the most powerful banks in their worlds.

Littlefinger is America (going a little against the point of the thread).

- Started from humble beginnings and rose to be a power to be reckoned with.

- Caused the crown to be heavily in debt.

- Not the most trustworthy guy in town.

- Ambitious

- Makes alliances and readily disposes of their leaders.

OK, so, title says it all, shall we begin?

Oberyn Martell = Silvio Berlusconi - Both well known for their enormous sexual appetite

Joffrey Baratheon = George "Dubya" Bush - Both terrible rulers and not very intelligent

Robb Stark = Alex Salmond - Both rulers of the northern part of their country who tried to win independence and failed, causing them to lose their position

Khal Drogo = Vladmir Putin - Both rulers who are morally unscrupulous and obsessed with displaying their masculinity, and both always have their shirts off.

Joe Biden = Orton Merryweather - Technically second in command, but don't really hold much power

Hilary Clinton - Daenerys Targaryen - Both powerful women who could become the next ruler, adored by their fans and abhorred by their detractors

Pope Francis = Tyrion's High Septon - Both don't really do much but are seen as better people than their predecessors

Head of the Iron Bank = Jaime Carauna - Both heads of the most powerful banks in their worlds.

These are....very oversimplified comparisons.

And basically offensive to those with different political or religious persuasions. Can we keep politics out of here?

Offensive how? The only people I insulted were Vladmir Putin, for obvious reasons, I mean, can you honestly tell me who'd be offended by me calling Putin a morally unscrupulous masculinity obsesessed guy who likes to have his shirt off? And also, GW Bush, I understand how the second one can stir a little controversy with the small, more right leaning ASoIaF fanbase, but that's about it. And the only part of this which is about religion is when I said that Pope Francis doesn't really do much, but he is seen as a better person than his predecessor, where's the insult?

Archived