Howland Reed

yankee211

He'll definitely make an appearance before the end of the next two books, author guarantee. It's one of the most anticipated appearances for the reasons you mention and also because he must have dirt to spill on Rhaegar and Lyanna. That's partly why I think we'll be waiting a fair few chapters. I think it's fair to say that's all anybody can say with any certainty.

I did read an interesting theory he's already in the books. The High Septon is described as short, and the theory seems to be pretty much based on that, but it's a pretty cool idea that he's hiding in plain sight and already doing a great deal to punish Lannisters. Hard to believe though, Howland doesn't seem very faith of the seven orientated so it would be a huge thing to pull off.

Definitely the character I'm most looking forward to meeting.

Howland "Howlin'" Reed is going to burst open the gates of the Dreadfort, mounted on his trusty gigantic dire frog "Ned". After valiantly rushing through a mass of Bolton bannermen, and killing many and more with his Valyrian steel frogspear Ribbitsbane, Howlin' Howland will breach inner sanctum.

Wounded but full of righteous vengeance, Reed faces his mortal foe Roose " Loose Roose" Bolton. Their battle, though brief, will be the climax of the Winds of Winter prologue. The POV will be Howlands, unfortunately.

My thought on when Howland Reed will appear is at Winterfell.

Jon will heal from his wounds but my guess is when he wakes up, he won't be at the wall but he will be saved by someone in his inner circle and taken south. He makes his way to Winterfell. Once there he realizes that it is in the exact condition he sees in his dreams. He goes into the crypts and finds himself in front of Eddard's statue.

Enter Howland Reed..."Hello Jon, I've been expecting you".

And scene.

• 1 month later...

He is the most intriguing character so far. I think its no coincidence that the members of the Mountain Clans appeared on the Wall and that Jon was stabbed. If Howland is a greenseer, he could have seen what was going to happen and send them to there to retrieve Jon and take it to Greywater Watch. It will provide us with a POV in Greywater Watch.

Archived