A New Look At Guessing Games: Most Evil Character

Lyanna<3Rhaegar

Well I think it's a good idea but the rules will need to be REALLY clear, as to who is not in the show. I mean let's say patch face, belwas and brown Ben plum are all clearly cut, whereas lady stoneheart is not cut yet. If she doesn't appear next season I'll consider her cut.

I just think that a round of characters that aren't in the show will end up basically bring 'best characters from AFFC onwards. Starring cold hands and some others.' Which personally I wouldn't like.

Well, Vargo Hoat, or Jeyne Westerling, definitely count as characters who are not in the show, even if other characters have taken their role.

The lines become a little fuzzy there. I mean, 90% of the things Locke did was done by Hoat. So does the fact that he did other things (joined the Wall, etc) mean he's a different character, or the same character doing different things? I mean... Cersei did things in the show that she didn't do in the book, and she doesn't get classified as a different character for that. Plus, what then do we do about people like Asha? Again, 90% of the things Yara does in the show were done by Asha in the books, yet she does other things (like trying to rescue Theon from the Dreadfort)... does that make her a different character or the same character with a different name?

Haha, maybe this is too muddy and ambiguous of a category.

Well I think it's a good idea but the rules will need to be REALLY clear, as to who is not in the show. I mean let's say patch face, belwas and brown Ben plum are all clearly cut, whereas lady stoneheart is not cut yet. If she doesn't appear next season I'll consider her cut.

I just think that a round of characters that aren't in the show will end up basically bring 'best characters from AFFC onwards. Starring cold hands and some others.' Which personally I wouldn't like.

Good point. I honestly haven't thought that hard about who I'd choose (I just threw the category out there randomly) although some specific people that come to mind were aSoS and earlier. Still, in that point where I have a list of 4 people and am desperately thinking of more, I might just fill them with FFC+ chars. I'm honestly steering towards "most badass" at this point.

I agree. Except for Coldhands - he is clearly cut, and all his books scenes (from ASOS and Bran's ADWD storyline) have already been covered on the sho, without him. But on the other hand, Mya Stone, for instance, may still appear in the show.

Now, there are lots of signs that some characters from AFFC/ADWD have been cut from the show (going by the castings, official releases, info about the shooting...), but that's in the domain of spoilers, and also not confirmed yet.

Some of the characters who have definitely been cut:

Vargo Hoat

Strong Belwas

Brown Ben Plumm

Jeyne Westerling

Donal Noye

Coldhands

Chataya

Alayaya

Shagwell

Weese

Raff the Sweetling

Chyswick

Chett

Small Paul

Garlan Tyrell

Cleos Frey

Big Walder

Little Walder

Sybelle Spicer

Tom of Sevenstreams

Lady Smallwood

Ghost of High Heart

Patchface

Butterbumps

I'm sure there's more that I can't remember right now...

Not sure if we can count Genna Lannister - Robb did say that the Freys never had such a good match as Edmure, but maybe he was exaggerating and the show could go back on it... though I doubt they will.

Personally I would say LS is a no go just because Catelyn is in the show. But you're right, the rules would have to be very clear. We could probably avoid the AFFC/ADWD fest by excluding characters casted for season 5. That leaves the Greyjoys (who aren't forum favorites) + JonCon and company. I think it's doable. But maybe move along with 'Most Badass' while we work out the kinks?

The lines become a little fuzzy there. I mean, 90% of the things Locke did was done by Hoat. So does the fact that he did other things (joined the Wall, etc) mean he's a different character, or the same character doing different things? I mean... Cersei did things in the show that she didn't do in the book, and she doesn't get classified as a different character for that. Plus, what then do we do about people like Asha? Again, 90% of the things Yara does in the show were done by Asha in the books, yet she does other things (like trying to rescue Theon from the Dreadfort)... does that make her a different character or the same character with a different name?

Vargo Hoat is a Quohori leader of a sellsword company from all around the world who initially works for Tywin Lannister, switches allegiances several times and wants to hold Harrenhal. He eventually gets murdered horribly by Gregor Clegane. Locke is minor noble from the North who has always worked under Roose Bolton, who gets eventually sent to infiltrate the NW, and gets killed by Bran!Hodor (or Hodor!Bran). It's pretty obvious they are completely different characters.

Just like Ros is not Alayaya - as Tyrion thought about Chataya, "maybe it's not about what you do, but why you do it".

A character having some of their story function taken over by another does not mean they are the same character - nobody thinks that Daario is Strong Belwas, or that Littlefinger is the same as Dontos because he took over a lot of Dontos' role in season 3.

As for Asha... things are fuzzy not just because of what she does, but because of the fact that Yara doesn't have Asha's personality. However, in that case, it's clear she is supposed to be the same character - if it was just about a change of name, then Robin Arryn would be different from Robert Arryn, and he clearly is not. Show!Tyrion also isn't just like book!Tyrion, and show!Brienne is different from book!Brienne, but they're clearly supposed to be the same characters. Although, Shae is an example that the show character can have a completely different personality from book character in spite of the same name and function in the plot.

I would be more than happy to host again unless someone else wants a go at it :)

As for the characters I would say any character we haven't seen so far even if we are fairly certain they will appear later. As for Asha/Yara I would say they are the same character. Vargo/Locke are different characters. Even though we got Locke it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for someone to want Vargo. They could both be in the show & it wouldn't be like having 2 of the same character (obviously Vargo would either have to do different things or Locke would have to not do the things Book!Vargo did. It would be a bit redundant to have Yara & Asha. They are essentially the same character.

As for LS I would say she is a different character than Cat & therefore eligible for the list. That's just my opinion though. I think we would have to try to reach some sort of consensus for her.

So where are we at with this? I'd be happy to start collecting lists but need some info from you all so we have some clearly defined rules for who can be included

ETA: or is this topic too murky & we should go with bad ass? I would prefer that one I think but whatever everyone else wants is good with me.

Ok! Anytime! I love hosting. I hope no one feels like hogging it though :( if anyone else wants to do it that's ok woth me :)

ETA: I'm battling the flu so it might be a couple days before I put the thread up but feel free to PM me your lists!,

Archived