Brown Ben Plumm ancestry

Queen Rhaenyra

Your branch sprouted from a stone spit across the narrow sea, no doubt. A younger son of Viserys Plumm, I’d wager.

Dany giggled like a little girl. “Did your grandmother claim she’d actually seen this prodigy [Ossifer's six feet cock]?”

“That the old crone never did. She was half-Ibbenese and half-Qohorik, never been to Westeros, my grandfather must have told her. Some Dothraki killed him before I was born.”

“And where did your grandfather’s knowledge come from?”

“One of them tales told at the teat, I’d guess.” Brown Ben shrugged. “That’s all I know about Aegon the Unnumbered or old Lord Plumm’s mighty manhood, I fear. I best see to my Sons.”

I guess the grandfather of BBP was a grandson of Viserys Plumm.

Perhaps Bens grandfather having been Viserys' younger son is more likely. House Plumm lost all of its wealth after Ossifer died, when Aegon IV simply took it all. Viserys would probably have had a rather good position, as his mother served at court in the Small Council, as did his stepfather, but his own children would find themselves in more difficulty, probably, financially speaking. That a younger son of Viserys would go across the Narrow Sea to find wealth isn't a strange thing..

Once across the Narrow Sea, he met his half-Ibbenese, half-Qohorik wife..

Viserys was born in 176/177 AC, and thus his sons would start being born in 200-210 AC most likely. Ben Plumm is an "aging" man, so I would guess in his 50ties? Placing his birth around 250 AC. With only a father in between, that would place his birth in roughly 225/230 AC.

Placing another generation in between makes all of them rather young when marrying and fathering a child. Sellswords and such would first want to make money, before settling down, I´d say.

Archived