The Rise and Fall of Kings, Just and Cruel v.2

Salafi Stannis

Please, you may still refer to me as KJR. Pizza Rebel is just another title and formality.

If KhaleesiDany is still about, I would appreciate any other info about these horses. If she cares to, she may reside in a small holding near the HorseEncampment. I can send word to my custodian to prepare for her arrival.

I would agree with you, but I am in my cups and am thus impervious to reason, so I just gave the order to have them all killed. Wildfire would be cruel, so instead I've had a poisonous gas prepared and sent out to be used against them, so they can be dealt with painlessly.

I prefer you over your brothers. Robert let his vices be his end(he drank wine while hunting, drinking to much of it will cloud your reason. Renly was not loyal to family . he was even a worst uncle. the only positive uncle thing he did was care for Edric Storm. sure some people find you unlikeable but likeablility is not the key factor in being a good king, the key factors is taking it serious(protect the townsfolk from invaders) not bankrupting the kingdom, and having a heir who is educated. I know charismatic Lords and Ladies who ruin their holds because they didn't know how to do their job..

Good grief! i return from an entertaining two day tour of the Crownlands to news that the king has ordered my gift of carnivorous horses to be euthanized!? Westeros is truly a land of barbaric people! KJR seems to be the only sensible one among you. I am inclined to lead the horses on a murderous rampage through King's Landing!

But hearing that the great, wise, and humble King Stannis has revoked his decision has quenched my rage as surely as Lightbringer was quenched in the heart of Nissa Nissa. O Wise and Generous King, allow me to lead the hungry horses against your enemies! Surely you have some dissenters to your throne that can only be dealt with through force? Even just some lords you find suspicious and would like to make an example of? Someone who made a neutral instead of gracious comment towards you that you'd like to retaliate against by slaughtering all of their smallfolk?

Slaughtering smallfolk in retaliation to rebellion is evil enough, doing it in response to what you call "neutral comments" is unspeakable. I shall bring justice to Westeros. Butchering smallfolk would gain me naught... and it is evil, just as I said. Traitorous lords must pay the traitor's price themselves, in their own person. And now that I've come into my kingdom, they shall. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that.

Good grief! i return from an entertaining two day tour of the Crownlands to news that the king has ordered my gift of carnivorous horses to be euthanized!? Westeros is truly a land of barbaric people! KJR seems to be the only sensible one among you. I am inclined to lead the horses on a murderous rampage through King's Landing!

But hearing that the great, wise, and humble King Stannis has revoked his decision has quenched my rage as surely as Lightbringer was quenched in the heart of Nissa Nissa. O Wise and Generous King, allow me to lead the hungry horses against your enemies! Surely you have some dissenters to your throne that can only be dealt with through force? Even just some lords you find suspicious and would like to make an example of? Someone who made a neutral instead of gracious comment towards you that you'd like to retaliate against by slaughtering all of their smallfolk?

Hey, hey, hey. I was against killing them too!

Take a chill pill, Khaleesi. ;)

Well why slaughter one when you can slaughter many, as I always say! :laugh: But I respect the King's decision. You will go down in the history books as just and good, that is to be sure. I'll retreat to KJR's holding immediately.

As for you, Lady Blizzardborn.

First you tried to drug my animals. Now you want me to ingest some barbiturate! I have half a mind to tell King Stannis about your drug problem.

What is this infernal spoiler tag! I cannot seem to be able to reveal it's contents. You better not be keeping secrets from me, that's treason and you know what I do to traitors? When I come into my kingdom- what? I already did the epic treason speech? aww :(

Well why slaughter one when you can slaughter many, as I always say! :laugh: But I respect the King's decision. You will go down in the history books as just and good, that is to be sure. I'll retreat to KJR's holding immediately.

As for you, Lady Blizzardborn.

First you tried to drug my animals. Now you want me to ingest some barbiturate! I have half a mind to tell King Stannis about your drug problem.

For your information, that potion suggestion was for the handlers, not the horses.

And the pill I suggested for you was actually a tranquilizer. Barbiturates are far to unpredictable in their effects, and sometimes cause people to need greater amounts of chill pills than before. The maester in my father's noble household had a boatload of silver links on his chain. Healing and apothecary were his specialties, so naturally I learned a great deal about it myself.

Your Grace! Be careful where and with who you place your trust with. I can vouch for Lady Blizzardborn that her powder days are long past. Anything Lady Blizzardborn may or may not have done was most probably in your, and the realms best interests. In the meantime, I am a days ride south of the Twins and moving fast. I plan to arrive unannounced and deal with Lord Frey directly.

Khaleesi, you may stay in my holding for as long as you wish. Please provide any additional info about these interesting horses directly to my custodian and those in charge of their taming.

My Lady Hand has been pouring sedatives and potions into my drinks? Is this true Lady Blizzardborn?

No, my king. I don't personally have any sedatives or potions, I just know about them. Nor do I mix your drinks, as I'm certain you will have realized upon reflection. The Khaleesi is being crafty and trying to create a rift between you and your advisers so that she may exploit the resulting chaos by invading and conquering Forumos. Either that or she's just having a little fun at my expense.

Thank you Lord KJR, for the good reference. What powder days? Sheesh. You learn a few things, offer a few suggestions, and suddenly everyone thinks you're some kind of powderer.

Archived