Am I the only one who thinks Lady (Sansa's direwolf) is still alive?

Jazarrr

In the first Jon chapter in Dance with Dragons... "Once they had been six, five whimpering blind in the snow beside their dead mother, sucking cool milk from her hard dead nipples whilst he crawled off alone. Four remainedand one the white wolf could no longer sense." This gives me the impression that Lady is still alive somewhere. Thoughts?

There is at least one thread that discusses this at length but IIRC it was speculating Greywind was still alive. I could be wrong though it's been a while since I read it.

My opinion is that no, neither Lady or Greywind are alive thus the four remained The one Ghost can't sense is one of the four alive.

Yea, you are. Lady is dead. Its sad, but true. Ned killed her. If he hadnt, why would he specifically recall that when he was stuck in the Black Cells, wondering about what a bad act that was?

Greywind is also dead. I had hoped he wasnt on the first read through, but its pretty clear that they cut his head off and sewed it to Robb's body later on. Then the show sort of confirmed it. So...thats that.

I believe Nymeria is the one he can no longer sense, due to her no longer being connected to a Stark.

How so, it's not totally obvious because she doesn't mention it quite every chapter, but Arya is still warging her until quite recently at the least.

If he's thinking of the Starks themselves then that makes sense, since it is Jon in ghost's mind at the time.

Lady and Grey Wind are both dead.

Lady's bones are in Winterfell's lichyard, so she's technically the only direwolf in Winterfell. My crackpot is that Sansa connects with her beyond death and she's leading her home. I'm fairly certain the wolf howl Sansa heard when she descended from the Eyrie to Gates of the Moon was Lady communicating with her.

Lots of recent profiles in the thread, welcome to everybody.

I hope nobody gets offended if I say that I agree, Lady is alive.

She is on a Pacific Island hiding with Kennedy and Elvis, it is because they knew of the Greys, and of the chemical trails.

In one of the wolf dreams (Nymeria I think) it is mentioned that the sister who was lost is in the dark place under the ground. Lady's bones are in the crypts below Winterfell. So she is dead but I thought it may be important that Lady's being dead with her remains in the crypt is still felt by the living.

Lots of recent profiles in the thread, welcome to everybody.

I hope nobody gets offended if I say that I agree, Lady is alive.

She is on a Pacific Island hiding with Kennedy and Elvis, it is because they knew of the Greys, and of the chemical trails.

How can anyone be offended if you make them laugh? And even if he didn't die back then, Elvis is almost certainly dead by now, I mean, that's where they actually grow bananas.

jon can't sense Ghost when he's beyond the wall so we can infer that Summer is beyond the Wall and jon cant sense him

In one of the wolf dreams (Nymeria I think) it is mentioned that the sister who was lost is in the dark place under the ground. Lady's bones are in the crypts below Winterfell. So she is dead but I thought it may be important that Lady's being dead with her remains in the crypt is still felt by the living.

Very educational. I'm still trying to figure out the extent of the relationship between the Starks and their wolves, and the difference between their wolf dreams during sleep and whatever it is Bran does.

I'm interested to learn if Sansa or Robb ever warged into Lady or Greywind, as we're not given scenes (as best I remember) showing Sansa running with the pack as we have with Bran and Jon and Arya. I assume that all the Starks have the ability, but it'd be interesting to see Sansa's reaction to learning she was "different."

I'm interested to learn if Sansa or Robb ever warged into Lady or Greywind, as we're not given scenes (as best I remember) showing Sansa running with the pack as we have with Bran and Jon and Arya. I assume that all the Starks have the ability, but it'd be interesting to see Sansa's reaction to learning she was "different."

There is a good chance that Sansa never warged Lady. I believe that the other were just starting to get the Wolf's Dreams at that time.

Does anyone know when Bran, Arya and Jon had their first Wolf Dreams in relation to Lady's death.

There is a good chance that Sansa never warged Lady. I believe that the other were just starting to get the Wolf's Dreams at that time.

Does anyone know when Bran, Arya and Jon had their first Wolf Dreams in relation to Lady's death.

That's an interesting question...I think Lady's death precedes the Wolf Dreams chronologically. Perhaps either her death or Nymeria's exile (or some combination thereof) triggered the dreams? Or maybe the direwolves just had to be at a certain level of maturity first?

Archived