Villainous characters who you feel sorry for.

TimJames

Probably has to be Theon. I hated him for a long time, but nobody should have to go through that kind of torture.

Also, Roose Bolton. I've always kind of liked him, but he's completely lost control of his son and what's going on with the mysterious deaths and the fact that they're pretty much trapped in Winterfell due to the weather and Stannis very close by. Plus now he's lost Reek/Theon, I think he'll be pretty pissed/disappointed about that.

Viserys and Theon.

Bobby B for all the hate he gets on here

Victarion a bit. Even though he's thuggish cruel and stupid. Maybe it's just getting his POV. He has after all been raised in the fucked up ironborn way. His older brother was mad, his younger brother is madder still and his other brother is maddest of them all! I mean euron fucked his wife, yet he's still somewhat loyal to euron even if he has other motives.

In westeros under a normal noble house I think euron and Balon would still be maniacs. I think vic might have been alright.

Now his bones lie beneath the Dreadfort with the bones of his brothers, who died still in the cradle, and I am left with Ramsay. Tell me, my lord … if the kinslayer is accursed, what is a father to do when one son slays another?

I never though I'd feel sympathy for Roose Bolton, but this quote did it for me.

Other than that, Theon in ADWD. Noone deserves to experience what he's been though.

I feel sorry for Joffrey because people hate him so much and I'm just astonished they can't see how funny he is. tbh its probably more from Jack Gleesons portrayal of him on the show but his mannerisms and stuff just make me laugh.

E.g. when he's bullying Tyrion at the Purple Wedding, it just made me lol.

Also he had Ned killed, and still people hate him! Jesus, why hasn't he been given a medal.

O and I suppose you know he's all damaged and what not from having been raised by a nut job and a drunk.

Littlefinger

Sure he betrayed Ned/Catelyn but then again he has a goal to achieve. He has indeed killed many people but then so have every major lord or king in the series (in the form of war) even if they claim that they were doing it for the greater good of kingdom.

Littlefinger

Sure he betrayed Ned/Catelyn but then again he has a goal to achieve. He has indeed killed many people but then so have every major lord or king in the series (in the form of war) even if they claim that they were doing it for the greater good of kingdom.

Vargo Hoat.

Tywin Lannister.

Biter, and good ol merry Shaggs.

Aerys the mad King.

Sandro Clegane.

Ramsay Bolton.

Euron Crowseye.

Oh and the Others, it's not easy being so ugly and having to live up in that cold wasteland of the North with nobody to love you, or fight for you but a bunch of dead people that were trying to kill you to begin with.

LF- Loved Catelyn but he was friend zoned by her, not blaming Catelyn but still I feel sorry for LF. Also after being treated like an equal by the Tullys, he was suddenly made aware that he was beneath them and kicked out of Riverrun.

Theon- No one deserves that kind of treatment.

Viserys- Horrible person, but you've got to feel sorry for him, trying to stay fed and homed in Essos.

Archived