Bolton's vs Stannis: What do you think will happen?

King of thrones

The North are not just going to suddenly turn on Stannis and kill him, they have no reason to. Yes, they may not want to go down south again to fight, but thats different. Stannis and the North will win, and then concentrate on the WW threat, as the NW may be gone and that falls to Stannis, the North and Wildlings defending the North. If for some reason this GNC where to happen, GRRM would have made most of the Northern lords look no better than the Boltons or any other bad house, which I seriously doubt as he doesnt want the North to look like the 'bad guys'. This supposed theory of GNC killing Stannis and declaring another KotN, seems more of wishful thinking theory of people hoping for another KotN.

If for some reason this GNC where to happen, GRRM would have made most of the Northern lords look no better than the Boltons or any other bad house, which I seriously doubt as he doesnt want the North to look like the 'bad guys'. This supposed theory of GNC killing Stannis and declaring another KotN, seems more of wishful thinking theory of people hoping for another KotN.

Eh, you mean like a northern bannerman killing his enemies, cooking them and serving them to other people he doesn't like? There's really not too many people with clean hands by this time as I said earlier. The ones with clean hands tend to have short life expectancies. I think there is something to the premise behind the GNC, just with the facts that are laid out in the novels. The most specific one being the abrupt one eighty the Mormonts pull in regard to Stannis. That said, I think a northern separatist movement is pretty much doomed. Robb was in over his head even with the Riverlands as an ally, and the north is only even weaker now. Personally though I think the level of devotion that would be portrayed by the GNC wouldn't make them look like "bad guys" but tragic heroes so devoted to a failing cause.

Either way, I think Stannis is destined to fall. Even if he survives the Winter battle, even if the North doesn't betray him, he still has the Lannisters, both sets of Targaryens, and the Others all willing to do him in. Maybe even the wildings or Ironborn. I doubt very much he's AAR, pretty much no one but Melisandre really believes it and I think even she's starting to have doubts.

The North are not just going to suddenly turn on Stannis and kill him, they have no reason to.

I think this is especially the case when it comes to the farmers, displaced villagers, fisherfolk, remnants from Rodrik's army, etc, that were completely aimless before Stannis showed up. They joined his army not because their liege lord told them to, but because Stannis was actively protecting them by fighting off the ironborn and opposing the Boltons, which is a good deal more than any other northern lord did for them.

That they would turn on Stannis because Manderly or Dustin or whoever are duplicitous shitheels is a weird thing to think.

Archived