Bolton's vs Stannis: What do you think will happen?

King of thrones

Well, when Stannis is not calling the shots his side gets some advantage.

Mace not having any interest in attacking let Stannis keep his fortress. Robert procured Stannis a continent's fleet. Melisandre won Stannis an army to overwhelm the capital. Jon gave Stannis one to fight in the north, and the good will of the northerners too. The Iron Bank even sought Stannis up to help him too.
If the Frey fall in the lake, and Manderly can call some of the shots for Stannis for a while, he stands a chance, for much as it can unnerve me.

Sort of a plot armour by intermediaries, this ugly person has, young Skywalker.

Stannis wins/survives the battle or I am done with emotional investment in this story, I'll finish it obviously, but more as an observer to see what happens than anything. I need a heaping dose of old school brutality to balance out the boring "I am just a young girl, but..."

A Dance with Dragons did a good job of playing up both Roose and the Mannis as threats and building the conflict between the two, just when you think Roose is being set up as the big dog you get an Asha chapter where even she's like "this guy is the real deal", then when you think thats the way of it you get a Roose moment. The story will suffer with either of these guys going down, but please god let it be Roose, he's just a villain, that's all he is, he is nowhere near as compelling. This is why I am afraid Stannis is biting it, gotta have your Danearys fighting the cartoon baddie after all, all the while lamenting the fact that she is a "monster". Boring, boring, BORING!

I know this post doesn't talk about tactics or anything as opposed to storytelling, but frankly they're null and void, the person who the author wants to win will win, so who owns what hill is pretty irrelevant.

Stannis wins/survives the battle or I am done with emotional investment in this story, I'll finish it obviously, but more as an observer to see what happens than anything. I need a heaping dose of old school brutality to balance out the boring "I am just a young girl, but..."

A Dance with Dragons did a good job of playing up both Roose and the Mannis as threats and building the conflict between the two, just when you think Roose is being set up as the big dog you get an Asha chapter where even she's like "this guy is the real deal", then when you think thats the way of it you get a Roose moment. The story will suffer with either of these guys going down, but please god let it be Roose, he's just a villain, that's all he is, he is nowhere near as compelling. This is why I am afraid Stannis is biting it, gotta have your Danearys fighting the cartoon baddie after all, all the while lamenting the fact that she is a "monster". Boring, boring, BORING!

I know this post doesn't talk about tactics or anything as opposed to storytelling, but frankly they're null and void, the person who the author wants to win will win, so who owns what hill is pretty irrelevant.

I thought I was the only one who loved both Stannis and Roose :D

Stannis needs to kill the Freys and Ramsay, but in the ultimate Mannis vs. Leech Lord showdown I'm pretty torn. Like you said, losing either of them will suck for the story

I thought I was the only one who loved both Stannis and Roose :D

Stannis needs to kill the Freys and Ramsay, but in the ultimate Mannis vs. Leech Lord showdown I'm pretty torn. Like you said, losing either of them will suck for the story

I like Stannis and Roose too :thumbsup:

I hope for Stannis taking WF but Roose escaping. Ramsay can be fed to the dogs for all I care.

I think it's pretty obvious what Stannis plans on doing. He's going to lead the Frey and Manderly forces to the frozen lake, which they will then fall through when they ride across it. What Stannis won't expect is that Manderly will turn on the Freys, possibly killing quite a few themselves. Then Stannis will probably dress his men in Frey garb, and ride back to WF with the Manderly men then take the castle from the inside.

When Stannis arrives, I think Ramsay will be dead but Roose alive.

I think Lady Dustin pulls a Queen of Thorns-Sansa on Ramsay by using Theon.

Roose will be pissed (as much as a man like Roose could be haha) and unaware of the Dustin-Umber-Manderly-Ryswell workings....and then as mentioned be lured to the frozen lake to fight Stannis' army where they falter.

Lady Dustin, Ondrew Locke and Hother (or is it Mors in the castle, I can't remember) are probably ready to die there.

In my theory, Ramsay and Roose are interchangeable. One will survive, one will die. One will fight, one will remain in a Winterfell. Roose expects Manderlys and Freys to kill each other, not kill Stannis. Freys fall through ice lake. Manderlys return, with some of Stannis men dressed as Freys. Joins with Umbers outside, and their is heavy fighting between Bolton men and Stannis at the first wall. Inside, more fighting between Dustin, Stout, Slate men etc. and Bolton men. LADY DUSTIN MURDERS A BOLTON MWAHAHAHAHAAHHASHSHZHH. Stannis wins, but is taken captive. Pledge loyalty to KL by executing Stannis. Weirwood style. F u LordOfLight.

Roose or Ramsay flee to Dreadfort with Asha captive (who fought alongside the She-Bear but was taken) but meet Skaggs, Rickn and Davos. upon finding out Stannis is imprisoned Davos holds Rickon hostage (killing Osha waaahhhh). Flees with Rickon.

Rickon and Davos meet with Asha and those three become a pirate crew, the Raiding Wolf, She-Kraken and Onion Knight. Sail the sea of ice, the end. Hell yeah.

I need a heaping dose of old school brutality to balance out the boring "I am just a young girl, but..."

I'm not going to dispute or argue against your opinion.. I'd just like to make a fun note about opinions. Because literally Stannis has never been interesting or entertaining to me. Not once. But I love every chapter of Daenerys, and her very last utterance of the young girl phrase along with the part that comes after gives me chills even rereading it.

Stannis, no question.

The real issue is whether or not the Northern Lords can be trusted to not betray the Mannis.

Pretty much this. The abrupt switch of the Mormonts from there is only one king in the north and his name is STARK to bending the knee seems to argue powerfully they're playing Stannis and Bolton against each other.

Pretty much this. The abrupt switch of the Mormonts from there is only one king in the north and his name is STARK to bending the knee seems to argue powerfully they're playing Stannis and Bolton against each other.

Which would show what honorless bastards the Northeners are.

Which would show what honorless bastards the Northeners are.

Depends on who you ask really. Their devotion to House Stark seems to be unequivocal. If they had any love for Stannis beyond being the "enemy of my enemy" they never would have declared Robb King in the North.

Depends on who you ask really. Their devotion to House Stark seems to be unequivocal. If they had any love for Stannis beyond being the "enemy of my enemy" they never would have declared Robb King in the North.

Yeah, but fighting for Stannis first and then murdering him once he brought them Rickon back and killed their enemies isnt exactly what I see as being honorable.

Yeah, but fighting for Stannis first and then murdering him once he brought them Rickon back and killed their enemies isnt exactly what I see as being honorable.

Well I'm not entirely sure Manderly ever told the Mormonts and Glovers about Rickon but that's a whole other topic. But Manderly... well if you can't trust the word of a man who's going to bake his guests into dinner who can you trust? :P

But it's Westeros... everyone pretty much has dirty hands at this point. The ones who don't are dead.

Honour has never meant much, it's just a desire not to look bad to your allies or enemy. I can tell you that house Brax in the Westerlands is eternally grateful for the Red Wedding, but talk shit about them behind their back.

If the Mormonts don't know about Rickon, then perhaps they are trying to crown Jon. Maege and Galbart are the mystery two lords ATM.

Honour has never meant much, it's just a desire not to look bad to your allies or enemy. I can tell you that house Brax in the Westerlands is eternally grateful for the Red Wedding, but talk shit about them behind their back.

If the Mormonts don't know about Rickon, then perhaps they are trying to crown Jon. Maege and Galbart are the mystery two lords ATM.

I kinda am leaning that way. Robb sent instructions to them both regarding the plan to attack Moat Cailin at the same time he legitimized Jon so they could've gotten word of it and decided to keep it to themselves after the Red Wedding to keep their liege lord safe behind a shield of anonymity.

Archived