Heresy 144 the Christmas edition

Black Crow

I don't doubt Dany was meant to die. How else would they have gotten the Dothraki to cross the narrow sea. The rest is foggier. As Arya heard in the well, they didn't want turmoil, yet anyway, so it is hard for me to believe they wanted to see the realm bleed. LF is the anarchist.

I rather thought the point of that conversation was that they did want a war, but that it was likely to happen too soon - before they had all the pieces in place.

And now as its Christmas Eve, a little bedtime story to uphold the heretical tradition of drawing upon good literature:

"Gentlemen," said Lord Eddard, "it is with great regret that I pronounce the thing impossible. Duty before everything. Sheathe, then, if you please, and follow us."

"Ser," said Hightower, parodying Ned, "it would afford us great pleasure to obey your polite invitation, if it depended upon ourselves; but, unfortunately, the thing is impossible: We are of the Kings Guard. Pass on your way, then; it is the best thing you can do."

This raillery exasperated Ned.

"We will charge upon you, then," said he, "if you disobey."

"There are seven of them," said Ser Arthur, half aloud, "and we are but three; we shall be beaten again, and must die upon the spot, for, on my part, I declare I will never appear before the usurper as a conquered man."

Ser Arthur, Ser Oswald, and the White Bull, instantly closed in, and Ned drew up his soldiers...

And now as its Christmas Eve, a little bedtime story to uphold the heretical tradition of drawing upon good literature:

"Gentlemen," said Lord Eddard, "it is with great regret that I pronounce the thing impossible. Duty before everything. Sheathe, then, if you please, and follow us."

"Ser," said Hightower, parodying Ned, "it would afford us great pleasure to obey your polite invitation, if it depended upon ourselves; but, unfortunately, the thing is impossible: We are of the Kings Guard. Pass on your way, then; it is the best thing you can do."

This raillery exasperated Ned.

"We will charge upon you, then," said he, "if you disobey."

"There are seven of them," said Ser Arthur, half aloud, "and we are but three; we shall be beaten again, and must die upon the spot, for, on my part, I declare I will never appear before the usurper as a conquered man."

:commie: :commie: :commie:

Ser Arthur, Ser Oswald, and the White Bull, instantly closed in, and Ned drew up his soldiers...

Thanks for the fireside tale 😀

Happy Christmas and Merry Holidays to you and to all Heretics!