NFL Playoff Challenge Westeros Style

Manhole Eunuchsbane

I saw that some others were trying to start an in-house NFL Playoff game, and was wondering if anyone wanted to join one using a preset template. I thought I'd use ESPN's Playoff Challenge, as it is pretty simple. You pick a roster (2 QBs/ 2 RBs/ 2 WRs/ 1 TE/ 1 K/ 1 Def) using a cap number of $50. Each player costs X amount of dollars. These numbers are all set by the template of course. I would've preferred to use the CBS version of this, but this year they are requiring that you pay for the service.

http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-gridiron-playoff-challenge/2014/en/group?groupID=32772

Click the link to join. Go to Join Group. You'll need an ESPN account and username to play. League name is Westeros Playoff Challeng (I ran out of letters) and the password is Winter is Coming.

Give it a look and sign up if you're interested.

There is no other one. I was referring to the thread you started. It looked like you guys were going to run all the rosters and numbers manually, so I figured this would be considerably easier.

I know buddy, I was talking about you getting into the one i started.

So do we just make picks for next week as well, same as this past week?

Yeah, you can replace your whole lineup with no penalty. You're just bound by the same cap.

/This is why I greatly prefer the CBS Playoff setup. In that league, you can only replace each slot once. It makes things a lot more interesting as the game progresses. Pisses me off that they required a buy-in this year. :ack:

Aw man I should've read the rules more carefully :dunce:

I thought we could completely reset the rosters every week, instead of losing roster spots of those who were eliminated. Total noob mistake...

Anyways, I've got my roster set. Added some Patriots to help quell the disappointment when they roll over the Ravens tomorrow.

Aw man I should've read the rules more carefully :dunce:

I thought we could completely reset the rosters every week, instead of losing roster spots of those who were eliminated. Total noob mistake...

Anyways, I've got my roster set. Added some Patriots to help quell the disappointment when they roll over the Ravens tomorrow.

You can completely reset your roster, Jabrone! Just click drop next to the player you want to replace, and his cap value goes back into your pot. You don't lose roster spots.

Archived