Theories you've accepted as facts

Kimiya

There are already dozens of theories based on ASOIAF out there.Reading these theories, sometimes, convinces us to an extent that gradually we accept them as facts and we continue to read the series based on these theories.

One good example of this ,is the newest R+L=J thread.In this thread,we discuss the parallels between Lyanna and Alys' story arcs.

It only makes sense if you have accepted R+L=J as a fact.

So in this thread,I ask you to mention theories you've accepted as facts,which are,by no means,crackpots.

It may differ for each one of you, but I'm sure some elements will be mutual.

So here's my own list:

1-R+L=J(so many people already believe it,I myself am no exception neither.)

2-Oberyn poisoned Tywin.

3-Sarella=Alleras

4-Aegon is a fake; Possibly a Brightfyre.

5-S+B=M(This theory is way too cool)

6-Southron ambitions.

7-Grand Citadel's consipiracy.

8-Mance Rayder wrote the pink letter.

9-The Northen consipiraciES.(There are more than one consipiracy going on in the North.It's not an unified one)

10-The Dornish MasterPlan.

11-Taena is Varys' spy.

12-Robert Strong is Gregor Clegane.

13-The Hound is alive and on Quiet Isle.

14-The Grand Faceless Men Consipiracy.

Theories that are double-edged for me.They may or may not be true.But I give them a shot all the same.

1-A+J=T

2-A+H=J+M

3-Syrio Forel is alive.

4-Benjen is alive.

So what are yours?Share it with me!

Agreed with Bekah. The only ones I accept as fact are the ones she listed. Others are very plausible and I would be surprised if they don't turn out to have something behind them, but I can't accept as fact quite yet. On that list would be J+A=T. I kinda hate that one in a lot of ways, but am resigned to it being too plausible to be dismissed.

The Harpy = The Green Grace

Robert Strong = Gregor Clegane

Sarella = Alleras

And of course the one about Jon Snow's heritage.

To be honest I think several theories you mentioned as "facts" are incredibly crackpot..

such as:

-The Dornish Master Plan. it tries way too hard to tie many small pieces of information together into something meaningful.

-Oberyn poisoned Tywin (wasn't this one pretty thoroughly debunked by a mod on this forum at some point?)

-the Grand Citadel conspiracy (there is no proof of any conspiracy [yet], much less a grand one)

-Mance Rayder wrote the pink letter. (I'm almost certain it was Ramsay who wrote it after torturing Mance for information, else it's hard to explain the pink wax and how the sender knew which raven went where from Winterfell)

Tyrion is NOT Aerys's son. Jaime and Cersei are Aerys's.

Tyrion however will end up riding a dragon, and thus help to tear down the myth (already proven to be not true) that Targaryen blood is necessary for dragon-taming.

Ramsay wrote the Pink Letter after being deceived by Stannis into thinking Stannis is dead. The last "Jon" chapter in ADWD, in which the letter reaches him, was stuffed in from rather later down the timeline when it should not have been, and dates considerably after the published "Theon" TWOW Preview chapter.

Victarion, Daenerys and Marwyn are all going to somehow manage to miss each other in Meereen.

There is at least one and possibly several Northern conspiracies against the Boltons. In particular, the Umbers are in fact *all* Stark loyalists, Hother's greybeards are playing as double agents and are really on the same side as Mors and the youngsters.

Aegon's a fake, probably with Blackfyre descent. Whether there is Brightflame as well is up for doubt, but there *will* be a Brightflame in there somewhere.

The dragon horn is a real one. Euron is closer to knowing how it really works than Moqorro, who understands it better than Victarion (well he understands everything else better than Victarion, too, so that's not saying a lot). However, will Victarion and Moqorro between them break Euron's "mastery" of the horn?

Euron's "dragon egg thrown into the sea" is going to turn up again somewhere, sometime. As a real dragon. Both Euron and the Faceless Men (whom Euron managed to trick somehow) are trying to get at the same book of dragonlore in Oldtown. Jaqen, currently in disguise as Pate, may steal it and escape before Euron can sack the town.

Sansa is going to use her marriage to Tyrion as leverage to get *out* of some other marriage that Littlefinger has planned for her, as part of her transition from pawn to player. Simply claiming "marriage annulled because not consummated" would be waaaay too obvious - this may be her way of making a rebellious statement if she decides she does not wish to marry Harold Hardyng.

Sandor Clegane is alive and will come out of retirement at some point, but it will be as a defender of someone he believes to be innocent. Thus he will not fight in Queen Cersei's trial as the High Septon's champion, because this would be being a prosecutor, not a defender: and besides, if Sandor has found the Faith, it is the version espoused by the pacifist Elder Brother, not the fanatical fundamentalist High Septon..

I've seen it as H+A=M+J, but it means the same thing. I like it cuz it sounds like a sandwich. Ham and J.

Anyway, it is Howland Reed + Ashara Dayne = Meera and Jojen.

What? [emoji46]

Where I can find that theory?

Archived