The Duskendale Affair: What's up with that?

Salafi Stannis

From beginning to end, the Duskendale Affair was orchestrated by Tywin. What was his goal? Priority # 1 was getting rid of Aerys. But did he want to crown Rheagar, or was the goal to fatally weaken the Targyren rule?

"We have a better King right here..."

I think Tywin probably wanted Aerys to die in captivity, but it's a stretch to say he planned it all in advance. How could he know Lord Darklyn would actually kidnap or attack the King? And his advice was prudent, but Aerys was just being an asshat

He could have thought Rhaegar was more controllable. But he indirectly caused both Rhaegar and Aerys grew apart, because Aerys started to think Rhaegar was also involved with Tywin. Before that, they got along.

Surely the father and son would have grown apart eventually as Aerys' madness and cruelty deepened. Unless you think Tywin was solely responsible for Aerys' insanity

Surely the father and son would have grown apart eventually as Aerys' madness and cruelty deepened. Unless you think Tywin was solely responsible for Aerys' insanity

Nope, but that one part was very tactless. And kinda stupid. What if Rhaegar had been another Viserys and said something like "you sound like a traitor. Burn him!"?

I think Tywin wanted to win Rhaegar's favour by appealing his ambition, but Rhaegar didn't want to win the throne just for the sake of it.

Because they're dead the moment that Aerys dies, whereas if Aerys is still alive, then maybe something can somehow change in their favor. It's basically a Hail Mary pass, but even a little sliver of hope is still better than none whatsoever.

Seems likely good point. Still i get what lord darklyn wanted to do, but come on he saw with tywin there it wouldn't happen he should have just went to rhaegar and plotted with him.

Archived