Westeros Battle Tournament 7

Ded As Ned

Still waiting on Captn's deployment... he checked in on Friday saying he was very busy, haven't heard anything since.

ETA: Just checked in. He's out of town and should have it in no later than tomorrow.

WBT7 Final: The North (Nog) vs. The Crownlands (Captn Captn)

Setting: Rivals in the Westerlands

Battlefield Overview Image Link: http://postimg.org/image/x102str8d/full/
Previous info:

The North and The Crownlands find themselves at an unexpected battle in the Westerlands.

The field is home to two rival minor lords of Lord Tywin Lannister in the rural Westerlands. Tywin likes to keep his underlings competing against one another, rather than face another Castamere. These two minor houses are hosting the traveling armies of the North and the Crown. The border to their lands is separated by a dry, rocky, riverbed that runs east to west at the center of the field (as yet another Lord has dammed up the river up-stream for his own use). The riverbed is 30m wide and about 1.5m deep at it's center, rocky with sandstone. At the center of the field, 250m north and south of the neutral zone lies a fortress on each side, 200m square. The outer walls of each fortress are fortified stone, standing 3m tall. At each corner of the fortress stand 25m square stone towers, standing 3 stories tall with arrow slits on all sides. The roofs are solid and provide walls with adequate cover for archers/crossbowmen to fire below, with an entrance from the inner grounds to the interior for each. The inner grounds are uncovered, and there is a 10m wide entrance centered on each side to the outer field, consisting of fortified wood that only opens outward. At the center of each fortress is 50m square living quarters, made of solid wood, 1 story, covered with roof, with an entrance facing towards the dry riverbed at the center of the field for each side. The entire battlefield is flat, with light green representing open grassland, and dark green representing thick, brush-filled forest. Recent weather conditions have been very dry.

In a surprising turn of events, the North approaches from the north, and the Crown from the south.

Let me know of any questions regarding the field, or oversights in my description.

Deployment for the North:

The army of the North will be commanded by Robb Stark. It deploys in the middle of the battlefield, on the edge of the neutral zone. It is arranged as follows.

4 units of Infantry take position in the center, arranged in one huge formation, 150 men wide and 24 men deep.

4 units of Pikemen take position to the east of the Infantry, again in a 150x24 formation.

2 units of Archers take position to the west of the Infantry, in a 150x12 formation.

2 units of Light Cavalry take position behind the Archers.

Robb's command unit positions itself behind the Light Cavalry.

Deployment for the Crownlands:

The army of the Crownlands is commanded by Barristan the Bold.

The fortress in the Crown's territory on the field appears to be occupied, but the walls prevent the North from identifying unit types or their exact number.

Please have your battle plans submitted before Sunday, 3/15, 8:00pm EST

The army of the Crownlands is commanded by Barristan the Bold.

The fortress in the Crown's territory on the field appears to be occupied, but the walls prevent the North from identifying unit types or their exact number.

Well, that's just plain ungentlemanly. At least Captn could've had the decency to hide only some of his troops, like a good scoundrel. :D

Edit: Just kidding. :P

One battle plan coming your way in 1 to 5 days.

I have info on the first 4 tournamens - I missed the last two and my internet is acting up at the moment, so I can't add them to the statistics.

Westeros Battle Tournament, Ed.1

Winner - Corvo Attano (The North)

Finalist - Stannis Eats No Peaches (The Westerlands)

Westeros Battle Tournament, Ed.2

Winner - Mailed Horseman (The Reach)

Finalist - brAnthelAstgreenseer (The North)

Westeros Battle Tournament, Ed.3

Winner - TheCrannogDweller (The Stormlands)

Finalist - Frey Pie (The Riverlands)

Westeros Battle Tournament, Ed.4

Winner - Sword of the Morning Wood (Dorne)

Finalist - EisenZelle (The North)

Five and Six were weird.

Five got chancelled mid-semis. Capt Captain(Crownlands) got a freebie for the final, Ded As Ned and me (Vale) had to judge ours ourselves, I won. No final.

Six was a short one before Christmas, with just four participants, just semis and finale. Ded As Ned (Vale) won, Tyshrek_Lannister (Dorne) made second place.

Archived