What TV show moment succeeded in, and failed to live up to the book?

Kenny Crybaby

Pretty much the whole of the first season was spot on.

It's hit and miss after that. I enjoyed the fight between Sandor and Beric, and Dany in Astaphor was totally kick-ass. I agree with an earlier poster about 'Only Cat', no idea why they had to change it. Oberyrn on the show was awesome but I was disappointed with his fight with the mountain.

Everything this guy/girl up[emoji115] [emoji115] here said!!!

Would you keep to that sentiment if I added to the "Good in Show" list that I think the braver, more commanding ShowAlliser Thorne more interesting and fun than BookAlliser? :D

Would you keep to that sentiment if I added to the "Good in Show" list that I think the braver, more commanding ShowAlliser Thorne more interesting and fun than BookAlliser? :D

Oh, man. Show Thorne is now on my awesome list. I love what they've done with him, and I'm almost afraid to see what happens next season.

I'm guess I'm the only one who likes littlefinger in the show...

I think Littlefinger is still an interesting character in the show, but I don't like him or hate him. Yes they have made him weaker and less clever than in the books, but that doesn't mean he still isn't a good character.

I agree with an earlier poster about 'Only Cat', no idea why they had to change it.

Probably because they've barely called her Cat, if they ever had. Viewers would be confused, and the scene would lose some of its power. They could have gone with something else too I guess, but they couldn't have just done "Only Cat"

Line changes are annoying but understandable. They don't want to confuse the dumb idiots they think make up their whole audience.

Changing characters completely is usually for no excuse. I'd take Ros and Locke any day over the new Shae. The new characters had totally pointless deaths, but Shae made no sense at all to change, unless to make Tyrion more sympathetic and not such a slave to his base desires. The original Shae was pretty much a stupid bitch who had no redeeming qualities and who deserved to die. The new one who was somehow in love with Tyrion was not that interesting to begin with, and worse for the narrative overall.

Archived