Heresy 148

Black Crow

For me i think the best foreshadowing of what will become of Jon is given to us via Bran's North's vision and the story about the Shrouded Lord.What will be strange is what form the Grey lady takes that kisses him.

Mel, Val or Lyanna. :devil:

Heretic!! :laugh: Like your Shrouded Lord reference, it fits

Almost the exact opposite of Egg making Dunk his LC and keeping him at his side.

Which may speak more toward Brynden's initial election vs his later desertion.

(also read: he began thinking the new gods/laws exiled him to the Wall, only later to realise his fate lied with the Old Gods further North and North and North.)

Just a final thought before closing and moving on to Heresy 149...

I don't think that the Stark kings in the crypt are actually telling Jon Snow that he doesn't belong here, rather I think that this goes back to his upbringing. All his life he was constantly reminded and often in hurtful ways that he was not a Stark and does not belong. Yet as Maester Aemon proclaims he really is a son of Winterfell and its this inner conflict which is being played out in his dream.

A parallel might be drawn with Bran's crow dreams. Jon is being drawn to Winterfell and his terrible destiny but it is not the stone kings but his own subconscious which is protesting that it is not his place.

Archived