"I looked for You on the Trident"...

DigUpHerBones

You mean 2 of them did, 300 years ago when they still had dragons and Aegon's conquest was still fresh in people's mind.

There's zero evidence they married, and the details that people say that they could have married, don't hold up to any arguments.

THANK YOU!!!!

thought i was on those "crazy pills" again...

Oh, i know...but have any of the offspring of those polygamous relationships created a "rightful" heir?

If you born the True son of the Crown Prince, that puts you in line for the Throne.

The Line of secession:

Aerys > Rhaegar > Aegon > Jon > Viserys > Rhaella > Daenerys > Rhaenys > Robert Baratheon > Stannis Baratheon > Renly Baratheon

(there is some disagreement whether Rhaenys is behind Daenerys or behind Jon.)

When the three above him died Jon became the rightful King.

are you inferring that the child was conceived right after Harrenhall, is that where you got the 9 month figure from?

GRRM is quoted all over the place saying how bad he is with numbers and dates and readers should not read too much into those dates, silly, i know, but he said it...

You mean 2 of them did, 300 years ago when they still had dragons and Aegon's conquest was still fresh in people's mind.

There's zero evidence they married, and the details that people say that they could have married, don't hold up to any arguments.

The fact that the King's Guard stayed at the Tower of Joy tells you everything you need to know.

If Lyanna was just a mistress and her child a bastard they would have left after Aerys and Rhaegar had died and headed to Viserys, their rightful King.

The only reason for them to stay is to protect the possible future King.

If Jon had been born a girl, more than likely one would have stayed to protect the Royal family and the other two would have tried to make it to Viserys

All three stayed

And they would not have stayed just to follow an order of Rhaegar's to protect his girlfriend. Their duty and Oath are far more important than an order from a dead friend.

are you inferring that the child was conceived right after Harrenhall, is that where you got the 9 month figure from?

GRRM is quoted all over the place saying how bad he is with numbers and dates and readers should not read too much into those dates, silly, i know, but he said it...

Nope. Harrenhal was two years before the Trident.

wow, that is news to me...

could you please tell me what book it is said that Lyanna and Rhegas were married? REALLY missed that...

It answers your question about why the KG would protect Jon.

That the child of said polygamous relationship became the "rightful" heir?

who????

Yes. Aenys I Targaryen, son of Aegon I and his second polygamuous wife Rhaenys, ancestor of every king except for Maegor, the son of Aegon's first wife.

So, what does all of that tell you? That they never fought.

i do not know if you are messing with me or not, but that is one thing that i have considered as well...

we know The Ned did the Daynes some great favor, other than returning Dawn i am certain...

the way Edric talks to Araya about The Ned makes it seem like The Ned has been talked about as a demi-God at Starfell.

dont think that would happen if he killed the greatest knight ever, let alone from that line.

like he is amazed that Araya had never heard of Ashara before, like it was some great story...

The fact that the King's Guard stayed at the Tower of Joy tells you everything you need to know.

If Lyanna was just a mistress and her child a bastard they would have left after Aerys and Rhaegar had died and headed to Viserys, their rightful King.

The only reason for them to stay is to protect the possible future King.

If Jon had been born a girl, more than likely one would have stayed to protect the Royal family and the other two would have tried to make it to Viserys

All three stayed

And they would not have stayed just to follow an order of Rhaegar's to protect his girlfriend. Their duty and Oath are far more important than an order from a dead friend.

So where did they get married?

Nope. Harrenhal was two years before the Trident.

It answers your question about why the KG would protect Jon.

Yes. Aenys I Targaryen, son of Aegon I and his second polygamuous wife Rhaenys, ancestor of every king except for Maegor, the son of Aegon's first wife.

Aegon didn't have a second wife. He married both at the same time. Succession ran through whoever had a kid first, which was Rhaenys.

Aegon didn't have a second wife. He married both at the same time. Succession ran through whoever had a kid first, which was Rhaenys.

The theory is the Isle of Faces and we will see it from Bran.

But it really doesn't matter. There or at the Tower of Joy, what does where it happened matter?

Because they got married at the same time he didn't have 2 wives? Not sure that is how that works, Polygamy is Polygamy, doesn't mater who married who and when

one time is an exception, not a rule...

...unless the entire claim of every King for 250 years rested on it being legal.

Yes, it may ead to political trouble and not be accepted by the realm, but it was accepted by the KG.

Tree, cloak, witness. Or septon, cloak, witness if you prefer the New Gods. Maybe switch a Drowned Man or a Red Priestess in if you're into that. That's all you need to get married and available everywhere.

It's polygamy either way. And yes, the marriage to Visenya was a bit earlier

Has anyone said that one reason they might have been there is that they promised Rhaegar they would stay? They aren't surprised about what happened because they're smart and have an idea of what would happen, but were obligated to stay.

Yes, some did.

Of course that would be breaking their oaths as KG, which they explicitly claim not to do. They'd need to send at least one of them to King Viserys - unless their king was right there.

regardless of legitemacy, I still don't understand how Jon would be considered heir. Aerys II is king and Rhaegar is next in line. Rhaegar dies before Aerys, so it goes to the next in line which is Viserys.

If Ned died after Robb was born then Benjen would not inherit Winterfell.

Wrong. Heir of the (dead) heir comes ahead of the second heir. Don't know why you brought Benjen into it.

The theory is the Isle of Faces and we will see it from Bran.

But it really doesn't matter. There or at the Tower of Joy, what does where it happened matter?

You mean that place where people aren't allowed to go?

“No one visits the Isle of Faces,” objected Bran. “That’s where the green men live.”

It matters because Lyanna was northern and would want to be married in front of a heart tree. She can't get married at the Isle of Faces, so she has to get married in a lord's castle or town with a godswood. So what lord is going to agree to let Rhaegar marry someone else? They know it'll only bring war, so no one would. There's nowhere for her to get married in front of a weirwood.

Maybe she gets married in a sept though? Nope, what septon is going to allow a known married man marry a second wife? Only the High Septon could allow that and he lives in King's Landing. So getting married in a sept is out of the question.

Then if a marriage is somehow possible when it's not, who gives away Lyanna? Rickard sure didn't. Aerys sure didn't. Ned sure didn't. So who gave her away?

The marriage theory doesn't hold up at all.

Because they got married at the same time he didn't have 2 wives? Not sure that is how that works, Polygamy is Polygamy, doesn't mater who married who and when

You said succession ran through his second wife instead of his first. There was no first or second wife as that implies that he married one before the other, which he didn't. So yes he had 2 wives which is polygamy, but it didn't clear anything about succession. Succession with Aegon ran through which wife had a child first, which was Rhaenys.

Yes, some did.

Of course that would be breaking their oaths as KG, which they explicitly claim not to do. They'd need to send at least one of them to King Viserys - unless their king was right there.

Wrong. Heir of the (dead) heir comes ahead of the second heir. Don't know why you brought Benjen into it.

Thanks for clearing that up. I always thought Viserys would be next in line. Benjen/Ned/Robb was just the quickest example I could think of to try and make sense of it all.

Archived