Could Aegon be the 'sun's son' ?

TheLightning Lord

The whole thing is confusing; it's not a prophecy in my opinion, because the Griffin and the Mummer's Dragon aren't on their way at all, they've gone to Westeros. So it seems to me that Quaithe simply knows that a bunch of people are headed towards Dany, because at one point in time, all of these people were headed towards her. So she knows who specifically is coming.

Which raises the point, why not refer to them as something Dany might be able to recognise before they arrive? Sure, she knows that House Lannister has Lion symbolism, but I highly doubt she knows that House Connington has Griffin symbolism. She probably doesn't know of the existence of House Connington! Does she know about the Kraken being Greyjoy? So the intent seems to for Quaithe be as useless as possible, while seeming like she's helping.

But then, it seems like she's grouping them together. Kraken and Dark Flame. Griffin and Lion. But then, we have the Sun's Son and the Mummer's Dragon grouped together. Does that mean something, or did she stop grouping them together for these two? Although, at this point I don't think Kraken and Dark Flame are together yet, so maybe she was never grouping them together.

So, that was probably a bit off topic, but the whole thing seems irritatingly worthless to me. Sure, the people reading it might understand, but Dany wouldn't be able to, so what's the point?

The whole thing is confusing; it's not a prophecy in my opinion, because the Griffin and the Mummer's Dragon aren't on their way at all, they've gone to Westeros. So it seems to me that Quaithe simply knows that a bunch of people are headed towards Dany, because at one point in time, all of these people were headed towards her. So she knows who specifically is coming.

Which raises the point, why not refer to them as something Dany might be able to recognise before they arrive? Sure, she knows that House Lannister has Lion symbolism, but I highly doubt she knows that House Connington has Griffin symbolism. She probably doesn't know of the existence of House Connington! Does she know about the Kraken being Greyjoy? So the intent seems to for Quaithe be as useless as possible, while seeming like she's helping.

But then, it seems like she's grouping them together. Kraken and Dark Flame. Griffin and Lion. But then, we have the Sun's Son and the Mummer's Dragon grouped together. Does that mean something, or did she stop grouping them together for these two? Although, at this point I don't think Kraken and Dark Flame are together yet, so maybe she was never grouping them together.

So, that was probably a bit off topic, but the whole thing seems irritatingly worthless to me. Sure, the people reading it might understand, but Dany wouldn't be able to, so what's the point?

Maybe Quaithe is aware of her condition as a character inside the novels, so ahe wants to get the readers attention to help her get out.

Because Quentyn is both the sun's sun and the mummer's dragon.

Hidden identity thing is starting to get on my nerves. There is one character with a hidden identity: Jon. That's it.

If Aegon is false, then the theme is a false prince parading as a real prince (mummer's dragon), not hidden identity.

Arya, Dany, Sansa all give up their identities to play new roles, but, again, that's very different from a hidden identity.

I hate to break it to you, but neither one of us gets to decide who has a secret lineage. Tyrion may well be a Targaryen, given the new evidence in the Worldbook and all the blatant foreshadowing going all the way back to book one.

Radio Westeros, aka Yolkboy, has come up with a very convincing theory that Melissandre is actually the daughter of Bloodraven and Shierra Seastar. You should check it out in their website.

Point being - George RR Martin is "not your bitch," as the song goes, and he may well have hidden people with secret lineages all over the damn place. Lineage and bloodlines were a big thing in medieval times, oft in dispute, and that's what he is emulating. And ya know, if all the secret so and so theories really bug you, you can always ignore them. ;)

" Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun’s son and the mummer’s dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal."

I still think Aegon is Griffin in the prophecy. At the time he is called Young Griff.

Everyone says the Griifin is JonCon, but I don't think that makes much sense. He's never questing after Dany. He's not that important. And why mention two people traveling together?

We know who the Kranken, Griffin, Lion, and Sun's Son are. If (f)Aegon is the Dark flame and not the Mummer's Dragon, who is the Mummers Dragon? I don't see how the Quentyn could be both the Sun's Son AND the Mummer's Dragon. Why would Quaithe suddenly use two phrases to imply the same person when she has be using one phrase?

I had always figured that (f)Aegon was the Mummer's Dragon, but if he is actually the Dark Flame (Blackfyre) like the OP suggested, that still leaves us with one unidentified person.

Archived