Anyone reading Sakey's "Brilliance" Saga?

Good Guy Garlan

I often avoid this kind of thrillers like the plague, but I needed a fast-paced page-turner to stay awake at the airport. In that sense it delivered exceptionally, and I'm now waiting for the third part

I like Marcus Sakey simply because his first book, like mine, is called The Blade Itself.

Does that generate or cost you sales though? If it's the latter you could try and demand a commission.

I think I have the first book (Sakey's) from a kindle daily deal - figuring it might fill the time when I'm recovering from a hangover at a stag weekend or something. The premise seems fun.

I've read books one and two. First, the positives: well-written, excellent pacing. A very entertaining read. Negatives: ultra hateable characters. The dialogue and narration will make you groan. Every character is a cliché. The dialogue and narration are straight from a '80s action movie. "All right, rock and roll," the main character says with absolutely no irony. Many, many times, references are made to "saving the world." The story is set in America. Only a curious glance is given to Brilliants outside of the US. The whole plot is centered on America. Cooper and friends are trying to save America, not the whole darn world. The fact they see America as the world makes them all the more hateable.

Oh, Lyger, I'm getting a bad feeling from this post. Time to hot-step out of this joint? Kick back, pop a cold one, watch the game? Aw yeah. Rock. Roll. Out.

Archived