Florida may ban smoking in cars with passengers under age 13

Ser Scot A Ellison

What does this have to do with the cafe story you shared where your sister smoke inside because she was allowed and you were upset because you decided to join her at a cafe that apparently allows smoking?

AT never actually said they were sitting indoors at the time

AT never actually said they were sitting indoors at the time

But that was obviously implied. His sister is a law abiding cigarette smoker who will smoke indoors when it's allowed, then offers and example of this. Even if it was outside, I still don't get why it's the smoker's fault when he willingly decided to join them in the smoking section. Ok, you don't like smoke (I hate it, too, always have, and I am recovering smoker), but then don't go willingly join the smokers. I am allergic to perfume. Makes me seriously ill. I don't choose to go join a friend in the perfume section of the department store and then call her a fucker because she decides to try out perfumes.

Anyway, off topic.

My sister is an arsehole smoker, but she is law abiding. She will smoke indoors wherever and whenever it is legal and to hell with anyone who doesn't like it. Even to the extent of banishing my cousin, who is actually allergic to cigarette smoke, to the parking lot of a cafe we were eating at because she (and my other cousins, including his own brother) couldn't go a single meal without having a smoke. Fuckers!

Dr.P,

So, if you are traveling with smokers and you stop for dinner you should eat apart from them? Isn't that a tad rude?

I suppose for some people it could be. I don't want to eat with smoke in my face and they don't want eat without smoking. If no one cares to compromise, then I have no problem eating separately. What I wouldn't do is decide to join them and then get pissed because they smoked. I would also expect that if they decide to join me in the non-smoking section, they'd not get pissed that I don't want smoke in my face while I'm eating.

Smoking when someone is eating is rude and disgusting. I enjoy a cigarette after a meal, but even if it's in my own home, I will never light up if someone is still eating. If we're in a restaurant, I can wait until we leave, rather than nip out after every course.

The only time I feel a really strong urge to smoke is when I'm drinking coffee, so I tend to sit outside when possible.

Eta: When I went to Belgium a few years ago, it was still legal to smoke in bars. I went out one night with friends, and smoked my way through 40 cigarettes. I felt so ill the next day. I actually prefer smoking outside, and, thanks to the unpredictable British weather, it means I smoke less.

Archived