LF & Varys

The Dames do Moan

I got the odea from another member of the forum, but it makes the most sense to me.

Could be Jaqen was sent to the Wall to keep Ned safe for the time being and not kill him as the one theory suggests. Then he continued on his way after HH cuz Ned was dead.

Could be Jaqen was sent to the Wall to keep Ned safe for the time being and not kill him as the one theory suggests. Then he continued on his way after HH cuz Ned was dead.

I don't think Faceless Men give the gift of life.

In aGoT, Varys says to Illyrio, "The gods only know what game Littlefinger is playing"

And in aSoS, Littlefinger says Sansa needs to change her name to Alayne because Varys has spies everywhere

So yeah, I think they're not working together and I also think that rivalry will be important for the plot.

Varys is smart enough to know Littlefinger would be one of Aegon's most dangerous threats, and I think the Mad Mouse is the first attempt from Varys to take down LF

I don't think they're working together, but I think so far, their separate schemes haven't really affected the other enough to push one toward eliminating the other.

I think out of the two of them, Varys may have some idea what Littlefinger is after, especially Littlefinger began gaining power in the Vale, but I don't think Littlefinger is aware of the endgame Varys is working toward. Since Littlefinger is after personal achievements - accumulating as much power for himself as possible - his plans are a little bit easier to figure out than Varys, who is working toward putting a house back into power that he is not a know affiliate of.

Archived