What's the point of Dorne?

Marcel

I think Trystane will take Quentyn's role and he'll be given the mission to marry Dany, but I think the show will cut out his entire trip to Meereen and so he'll meet Dany when she arrives at Westeros

Nah, he'll use the same kind of time travel that Ros and Littlefinger use, and end up in Mereen by ep 9, and then get toasted by ep 10.

was at 1st looking forward to Dorne, with Jamie and Bronn there but its been such a let down, and thought in ep6 they would somehow make Dorne a little better, but man what a disappointment. The SS acting has been cringe worthy, it has been without doubt the worst piece of acting on the show. Like Obara keeps reminding even Aero Hotah that she is Oberyn's daughter, obviously he would know that. Also whats up with Dorne having such vast grasslands? D&D surely you could have found some areas that look more like desert, but guess thats just a minor problem. The only thing I think can save the Dorne storyline is Doran, Hotah, Jamie and Bronn, the less of the SS the better

LOL. I call it Drone, because that shit is boring and should be illegal.

Rofl.

Yeah, I'm hoping they make a full 360 and save Dorne in the last few episodes, I was really excited to see this plotline and it has become the worst the show has ever offered.

:bawl:

(but still not as bad as you people make it out to be!)

• 4 weeks later...

Well yeah, Dorne was absolutely pointless and a giant waste. What I assume is they saw Oberyn was popular and tried to cash in on that by giving us Drone, but without any real plan what to do with it. Then they just scrambled some sort of stryline together. It just seemed uninspired.

Not that Arianne's plot in the books was much better, though.

Archived