What If You're All Wrong?

If all our theories are all wrong, every single one that anyone has ever come up with, then it is still a great book series and the journey of coming up and talking about all these theories was a fun one. With that said the probability that all the common theories, every single one, is wrong is almost 0.

I am still sticking to the theory that Winterfell was built with the same magic that prevents the "Others" from getting in. My theory is

based on the notion that the saying, "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell" is more of a warning from the children of the forest than a mere saying.

I believe over the centuries the true meaning may have been lost because of the thousands of years of not having seen an "Other".

Brandon "The Builder" Stark was the one who carried out the task of building the "Wall" and I believe the magic that prevents the "Others" from crossing the "Wall" contains Stark Blood.

Brandon "The Builder" Stark was the one who also built Winterfell as well.

If and when the "Others" crosses the "Wall" then the last refuge of protection for men and women will be Winterfell. As long as

there is a "Stark in Winterfell".

That's my Theory and I am sticking to it.

Imagine if GRRM releases several different editions of the book without telling anyone, some of which have certain theories being true, and others have those same theories being false. Then he just sits online and watches the Chaos unfold...

Classic GRRM

I would need to collect each and every edition.

I am still sticking to the theory that Winterfell was built with the same magic that prevents the "Others" from getting in. My theory is

based on the notion that the saying, "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell" is more of a warning from the children of the forest than a mere saying.

I believe over the centuries the true meaning may have been lost because of the thousands of years of not having seen an "Other".

Brandon "The Builder" Stark was the one who carried out the task of building the "Wall" and I believe the magic that prevents the "Others" from crossing the "Wall" contains Stark Blood.

Brandon "The Builder" Stark was the one who also built Winterfell as well.

If and when the "Others" crosses the "Wall" then the last refuge of protection for men and women will be Winterfell. As long as

there is a "Stark in Winterfell".

That's my Theory and I am sticking to it.

Pretty much mine too.

As to OP's question, I'll go where the author takes me. Theories are fun, but the story is ultimately his.

Archived