Gays?

Just all of them being superb soldiers. If gay=super soldier, it makes Bittersteel/Bloodraven more interesting, but makes Robert look quite ofd.

And Pyp lied initially-said he stole for his sister, later admits that a stormlord put his hand up Pyp's thigh and Pyp responded a bit excessively. The Wall insured Pyp's silence. Does that confirm Renly? No. But Loras is a bit unsubtle, so any side nooky would need to be very down low. Fits the resemblance to Robert.

Just all of them being superb soldiers. If gay=super soldier, it makes Bittersteel/Bloodraven more interesting, but makes Robert look quite ofd.

And Pyp lied initially-said he stole for his sister, later admits that a stormlord put his hand up Pyp's thigh and Pyp responded a bit excessively. The Wall insured Pyp's silence. Does that confirm Renly? No. But Loras is a bit unsubtle, so any side nooky would need to be very down low. Fits the resemblance to Robert.

Are you sure that isn't the show or something? I'm not recalling that from the books

Yeah but growing up and falling in love with the hottest gay guy in the Seven Kingdoms would probably hurt your chances of producing a healthy male heir, in my opinion. Obviously that was what Cersei was hinting at? Tommen falling in love with Loras the same way Loras fell for Renly?

Um, Tommen would only fall in love with Loras if Tommen were gay anyway. And Renly was in love with Loras, yet married for political gain and likely would have produced an heir given the time to do so. I'm sure Cercei was indeed thinking that Loras would molest Tommen or turn him gay or some terrible Cercei-like paranoid nonsense, but that does not make it a legitimate concern.

maybe the blackfish had a thing for goats. Hoster said he was the black goat of the family, not the black sheep. or maybe he likes fish. not necessarily that he's gay.

Ok, now I can't help but think of South Park: "You're a gay fish!" :lmao:

Yeah, that's from the show. Also I totally thought you were The BlackPebble for a second with that avatar.

Thought as much, thanks.

And yeah. That's kind of the point...all stems from a thread in forum games which lead to me and four others adopting a sad hulk avvie to mimic The BlackPebble. They are all slightly different though

It's weird that GRRM hides the gay really, really well for the guys. There is no description of two guys making out, having sex, etc. You have to read between the lines to get Renly, Loras, JonCon. Blackfish is so deep in the textual closet that I'm not sure what he is. Oberyn is rumored to be bi, but he appears with Ellaria, then his daughters show up--the visible aspect of his sexuality is straight.

...but GRRM is more than willing to describe women together. He is not shy about straight sexuality either, so his reticence about guys together stands out.

I just never sensed anything sexual at all front the Blackfish, straight or gay.

That's why I think Blackfish is asexual. If he had a male "friend" who he spent almost all of his time around (like Renly had in Loras), than I would think he was gay. But he doesn't show sexual attraction to anyone, either male or female.

Truth be told, it always annoyed me how asexuality is non-existent in 90% of fiction. Even more so that the other 10% of fiction treat it as a disorder that needs to be cured.

It's weird that GRRM hides the gay really, really well for the guys. There is no description of two guys making out, having sex, etc. You have to read between the lines to get Renly, Loras, JonCon. Blackfish is so deep in the textual closet that I'm not sure what he is. Oberyn is rumored to be bi, but he appears with Ellaria, then his daughters show up--the visible aspect of his sexuality is straight.

...but GRRM is more than willing to describe women together. He is not shy about straight sexuality either, so his reticence about guys together stands out.

And yet none of the women described having sex with each other are actually gay.

Men can be gay but not openly have sex with each other, women can have sex with each other but still have to like men. :-/

Edit: One possible exception is Nymeria. She mentions having been in bed with the Fowler twins (who are sisters) and IIRC has not evidenced any (true) interest in men. So she might be actively gay.

Archived