Does Bloodraven deserve our sympathy?

IdoTheChoombi

Ruthless and does some pretty awful things, albeit "for the greater good." Unlike some atrocious things various characters in the main series have done, Bloodravesn's "greater good" actually does seem to minimise loss of life for others, So I don't feel sorry for him, but think he is an great character

I admire Bloodraven as someone who works for the greater good and makes no apologies. Does he deserve sympathy? Absolutely not, and he wouldn't want sympathy. He did what he did, dishonorable as it was, and would never even consider the possibility of having acted differently.

I'm a Blackfyre fan and Bittersteel is probably my favorite historical character from ASoIaF, but the intense rivalry between the Great Bastards only adds to their mystique in my mind. I really hope be get to see more of Bittersteel and Bloodraven in future Dunk and Egg novellas.

Lots of sympathy for him. He was a strong man in hard times and Westeros was better off with than without him. I am 100% convinced that if it wasn't because of him either the Blackfyres would have won, or in a worst cause scenario they would have caused much more chaos before they were ended. In fact a quick Blackfyre victory would probably have been preferable to the long and drawn out conflict that we got. So in essence its a shame that Bittersteel was not ended in the Redgrass Field or that Aerys showed clemency when he should have shown no mercy.

Bloodraven is a monster.

He lured Aenys Blackfyre to Westeros under false pretenses, and murdered him in cold blood. Then he used Aenys's head as a scare tactic to force the other lords at the great council to vote for the person he wanted to be king. Aenys wasn't leading a conquering army, he just wanted to peacefully throw his name in the running for king at the great council. If the majority of the lords wanted Aenys to be king, than he should have been allowed to be king. Instead, Bloodraven murdered him in cold blood and instead of being executed for treason (like Rickard Karstark was) he was sent to the wall with an honor guard.

Bloodraven deserves to rot in the Seven Hells.

Bloodraven is a monster.

He lured Aenys Blackfyre to Westeros under false pretenses, and murdered him in cold blood. Then he used Aenys's head as a scare tactic to force the other lords at the great council to vote for the person he wanted to be king. Aenys wasn't leading a conquering army, he just wanted to peacefully throw his name in the running for king at the great council. If the majority of the lords wanted Aenys to be king, than he should have been allowed to be king. Instead, Bloodraven murdered him in cold blood and instead of being executed for treason (like Rickard Karstark was) he was sent to the wall with an honor guard.

:agree:

Bloodraven is a monster.

Someone could say that he saved Westeros from another BFwar. Is there anyone to say that he wouldn't had started a war? Also Aenys was an idiot. After so many wars no one would had supported him. If he was so idiot it is better that he is dead.

Archived