TOJ (Tower of Joy)

Stormborn44

I have been reading and researching... I even have 'A World of Ice & Fire the Untold History of Westeros' and I still cant seem to find anything except theories about what happened at the tower of joy. I've read the series of course... and got bits and pieces from those books. Anybody have any info or advice? The above mentioned book actually said since it was so well known it wouldn't be described yet again in the untold history of westeros... go figure. I'm just very curious.... and yes I understand maybe we aren't suppose to know those details yet.... but before I can fully commit to the R+L=J theory... I need details!

Thank everyone!!!

Separate note... but clearly tied together... any chance GRRM would change the parentage or even events at the TOJ because so very many seem to believe the R+L=J ??

No. The 'why' is the important thing, not the 'what.' More to come...

ETA:

SSM:

And then the other one was, of course, you know, I have certain things that I’m laying clues for that there will be revelations later on. Some people had put together those clues even as early as 1998, adding things together. I said, “What do I do with that? What do I do with that? These people have guessed the secret that I’m gonna reveal in book 6, people have already guessed that here and book 2 is just out.” You really have two choices there: you can ignore it and proceed with your plan, despite the fact that some people know where you’re going; or you can get all panicky and say “OMG, they’ve figured it out, I can’t let that be, I’ll have to change it, I’ll have to go in a different direction.” And I think some writers do that, and I think that’s always a mistake. You know, if you've planned your book that the butler did it, and then you read on the internet that someone has figured out that the butler did it and you suddenly change in midstream and it was the chambermaid who did it, then you screw up the whole book, because you get this foreshadowing early on and you’ve got these little clues you’ve planted and now they’re dead ends, and you have to introduce these other clues and now you’re retconning…it’s a mess.

Separate note... but clearly tied together... any chance GRRM would change the parentage or even events at the TOJ because so very many seem to believe the R+L=J ??

I started a thread on that before and got about 200 unanimous no's haha so the general consensus says 'not likely'

Archived