Questions For GRRM at ConQuest 46

Duke O' Nooobs

So I never got called on but here's the gist of what people asked (If you were there also, maybe you could elaborate). Also, he read the Sansa chapter that he put up on his website April 2 2015.

Will Jon ever find out that he was legitimised (sp?) by Robb in his Will? - (In George's curious voice) We don't know that is what happened. At this point, the person asking the question tried to get more out of him (unsuccessfully)

Someone asked if "Any other MEN besides Ned and Howland left the ToJ?" GRRM replied with no other MEN left ToJ. (This questions could have been worded a little better to get a better answer) George didn't like this question since the person who asked the above question was kinda pushy.

Others asked about his writing style / habits.

Besides the above two, there weren't any other notable questions I remember.

So I never got called on but here's the gist of what people asked (If you were there also, maybe you could elaborate). Also, he read the Sansa chapter that he put up on his website April 2 2015.

Will Jon ever find out that he was legitimised (sp?) by Robb in his Will? - (In George's curious voice) We don't know that is what happened. At this point, the person asking the question tried to get more out of him (unsuccessfully)

Someone asked if "Any other MEN besides Ned and Howland left the ToJ?" GRRM replied with no other MEN left ToJ. (This questions could have been worded a little better to get a better answer) George didn't like this question since the person who asked the above question was kinda pushy.

Others asked about his writing style / habits.

Besides the above two, there weren't any other notable questions I remember.

Too bad you didn't get a turn..

But his reply was specifically "no other men left ToJ"? Or was it something like "no other people"?

Too bad you didn't get a turn..

But his reply was specifically "no other men left ToJ"? Or was it something like "no other people"?

he specifically said no other Men (When the person tried to clarify her question, she said did any other men leave, he took it and ran with it) . BUT, technically, Jon was a boy :bang: I must say, he really didn't want to answer this question, So I think he just wanted to move on.

he specifically said no other Men (When the person tried to clarify her question, she said did any other men leave, he took it and ran with it) . BUT, technically, Jon was a boy :bang: I must say, he really didn't want to answer this question, So I think he just wanted to move on.

Thanks!

For anyone interested, a bit of the Q and A transcribed:

http://ariannenymeria.tumblr.com/post/120152524689/highlights-from-the-q-a-with-grrm-at-conquest

Why did Illyrio give Daenerys the dragon eggs? :dunno:

Because it made more sense that to have her trip over a petrified nest of dragon eggs in the Dothraki Sea...

Over across the narrow sea, Daenerys Targaryen will discover that her new husband, the Dothraki Khal Drogo, has little interest in invading the Seven Kingdoms, much to her brother's frustration. When Viserys presses his claims past the point of tact or wisdom, Khal Drogo will finally grow annoyed and kill him out of hand, eliminating the Targaryen pretender and leaving Daenerys as the last of her line. Danerys [sic] will bide her time, but she will not forget. When the moment is right, she will kill her husband to avenger her brother, and then flee with a trusted friend into the wilderness beyond Vaes Dothrak. There, hunted by [unclear] of her life, she stumbles on a [something about dragon eggs] a young dragon will give Daenerys [unclear] bend [unclear] to her will. Then she begins to plan for her invasion of the Seven Kingdoms.

http://www.businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-was-supposed-to-be-a-trilogy-2015-2

Archived