Night's King identity confirmed by GOT writers, Jon Snow becomes a "turn cloak"

Night's_King666

Does Stannis' burning his child help or hurt his chances of being AAR? Is that his Nissa Nissa or does it confirm him to be another Doomed Pretender? If Stannis is out it certainly makes it very likely to be Jon.

:agree:

People always forget about this when talking about Dany's forces coming to the rescue. The Unsullied and Dothraki are not conditioned for winter, let alone extreme winter conditions. I'm betting allot of Dany's casualties will come from the conditions. She better supply them with some fur cloaks!

The most conditioned forces for the Long Night are the Wildlings, Night's Watch and the Northerners.

Dothraki? Certainly not.

Unsullied? I've seen nothing to suggest they would falter in inclimate weather. Do you remember the scene where they carved off a standing Unsullied's nipple? Yah. Snow may not hurt quite as much.

I love ASOIAF but a lot of people have this idea of it being way more complex and subversive than it really is. It's mostly just brutal medieval history rehashed with some fantasy elements thrown in.

EXACTLY! I'm sorry but GRRM doesn't foreshadow the death of a character introduced in Book 3 in the description of the texture of the meat served at the the Winterfell dinner with King Robert in book 1. If 5% of the theories and/or examples of foreshadowing on this forum we're right then GRRM is the greatest writer since The Apostle Paul.

The same people that give too much credit to Martin's work are the ones that bash the show for "ruining characters" when in reality they merged characters names with another characters actions. (like the Thenn's, Jamie Lannister/Oakheart, and others).

It's funny that Book Purist/ Show Haters find it acceptable when Stannis travels from Dragonstone to the Wall in the 2 or 3 chapters, but explode in anger and disappointment when Littlefinger or a Raven travel 20 "Wall-to-fells" too quickly.

I love the books, but I don't bash the books because that is the popular thing to do. I remember seeing after the Hardome episode a handful of people called it the worst episode ever but once everyone starting saying how good it was and that it was one of the best episodes ever produced they went back and edited their post. I wish HBO didn't disclose who wrote, directed, or produced each episode until after the season aired. This would force book purist/GRRM apologist to determine the quality of an episode based on appropriate reasoning and not based on whether GRRM was involved in the process or not.

I love ASOIAF but a lot of people have this idea of it being way more complex and subversive than it really is. It's mostly just brutal medieval history rehashed with some fantasy elements thrown in.

The show is like that. The books are different.

GRRM comment about the NK is an example of it.

- Show: a cartoon character.

- Books:... I don't know. But not someone who is freezing there for 8000 years.

BTW, EP09 is my preferred this year, including Stannis. His attitude is consistent with the Nissa Nissa sacrifice. I'm OK with that even if it will be different in the books. I don't care for the NK to be different. I don't care for the whole show to be different.

Archived