Night's King identity confirmed by GOT writers, Jon Snow becomes a "turn cloak"

Night's_King666

This back story is for something. I agree. Some believe it is the altered story of the LC who made peace with the Others and ended the Long Night. But if it has any purpose for today, I would say it is to open the speculation about Jon becoming the new NK. HBO Night King looks like a cartoon super-villain to me. I don't feel he enters in GRRM panel of complex characters. Just me, however.

Well i think he looks pretty awesome.

The show turned the others from a beautiful deadly form of life into an evil ugly monster and i dont approve like with much of D&ds changes. The others can not be pure evil its not grrms style. To them men must seem like the evil ones. Its always just perspective that makes someone good or evil

The show turned the others from a beautiful deadly form of life into an evil ugly monster and i dont approve like with much of D&ds changes. The others can not be pure evil its not grrms style. To them men must seem like the evil ones. Its always just perspective that makes someone good or evil

i think they did a good job as getting them book like would either be very fake looking like the first pilot or crazy expensive like a season budget a shot.

i think they did a good job as getting them book like would either be very fake looking like the first pilot or crazy expensive like a season budget a shot.

thing is…Stannis is just as evil as the NK, he burned his own daughter alive. I hope the WW's invade and kick his ass.

This back story is for something. I agree. Some believe it is the altered story of the LC who made peace with the Others and ended the Long Night. But if it has any purpose for today, I would say it is to open the speculation about Jon becoming the new NK. HBO Night King looks like a cartoon super-villain to me. I don't feel he enters in GRRM panel of complex characters. Just me, however.

I love ASOIAF but a lot of people have this idea of it being way more complex and subversive than it really is. It's mostly just brutal medieval history rehashed with some fantasy elements thrown in.

To be honest, after Melisandre's glee over Shireen burning, I would rather see Jon team up with the NK as opposed to him getting cosy with Melisandre and being her 'Lords chosen.'

I mean, if Jon is truly dead, then I guess he doesn't get the option of deciding who resurrects him. But I agree, my hope now that we've seen the true nature of Stannis and Melisandre is that if anyone does the resurrection of Jon Snow, it's his little bro Bran.

I mean, if Jon is truly dead, then I guess he doesn't get the option of deciding who resurrects him. But I agree, my hope now that we've seen the true nature of Stannis and Melisandre is that if anyone does the resurrection of Jon Snow, it's his little bro Bran.

I could have been wrong, and still be wrong. But I was sure neither Melisandre nor R'hllor could resurrect someone. Only the god of death can bring back a soul. R'hllor or a shadowbinder can heal someone, even someone dead, but he could do no better job than Khal Drogo. I believe Beric and Cat have been resurrected by the Stranger or Lion of Night according to the Yi-Ti legends, not Thoros who is a fallen priest. BTW, the same god who called the 1st Long Night and apparently commands the Others.

If resurrection there is, my bet is it will be by him.

GRRM made this comment on his blog today

As for the Night's King (the form I prefer), in the books he is a legendary figure, akin to Lann the Clever and Brandon the Builder, and no more likely to have survived to the present day than they have.

GRRM made this comment on his blog today

I'm going to be really disappointed if this is true and the show NK is just using the book legends name, not the actual character. Him being the 13th Lord Commander and a Stark adds so much. Having him just being the leading bad guy with a cool name is just.... :dunce:

You could be right, but I personally wouldn't count on that.

I guess that could mean that Others die of old age as well, just like dragons do, if not killed?

Perhaps they forgot about the Pact, if there was one that involved them and if that's what this is all about, just as the humans might have.

Archived