Jon Snow's real name is....

There is good reason to think Aegon WILL be crowned, and he would be Aegon VI. I am just skeptical Jon was ever named or would be named Aegon. But I don't think it's impossible. Rhaegar and his children may have all been dead before Jon was born, and certainly were before Ned found Lyanna. I guess it's just a matter of whether she would have known, or if she did know, whether she would have named him Aegon.

Let's see: is there any way that Dany saw Rhaegar and Lyanna? When I first read I have to admit I asked myself the same question.

Problem n°1: the bed of blood. The woman in Dany's vision doesn't seem to be on the verge of dying through blood loss. A counter argument is that Elia birthing her second child is also supposed to have been an ordeal. If Lyanna's "bed of blood" isn't to be taken literally (i.e. if she died from complications, but not right after giving birth) it's a possibility. But the chances seem small.

Problem n°2: was Rhaegar with Lyanna when she gave birth anyway? He had to ride all the way to the Trident to die, and then Ned had to ride all the way down to the ToJ. This would likely take months. And while Lyanna may have survived a week after giving birth, I don't see her surviving months.

(small) counter-argument: why was the tower named "the tower of joy" by Rhaegar? I've always thought this name would make more sense if Rhaegar had been there to see Lyanna give him a boy. Even more so if he thought the boy was TPtwP.

Problem n° 3: plausibility. Why would Rhaegar name two of his sons Aegon? This is unlikely to say the least. So unless the first one really had another name I say no. That's almost impossible to overcome unless you start speculating that Aegon the son of Elia was not Rhaegar's son or something. Like: that kid was really Ashara's (who'd gotten pregnant at Harrenhal).

Conclusion: no.

but like i said, Faegon will be named Aegon VI when he takes the crown. Which admitadely he might not....but if he does make it to King's Landing, He'll more than likely take it, in my opinion.

but Robert wouldn't stop it either. Like Ned said, Robert got real good at turning his back to things like child killing. But ultimately you're right the Lannisters are the real threat. Cersei could of convinced Bowen Marsh to betray Jon

And my basis on this theory was strictly after reading the Elder Brother quote. I took the 7 rubies to be from the Targaryan dragon on Rhaegal's breast plate. So I was thinking of which name would be the 7th of the Targaryen Line; and Aegon is the only one to fit

I'm not actually addressing your theory. TBH I don't know enough of the details to judge. I'm just sick of RB being boiled down to a glorified mustachio twirling foil for the beautiful, noble Rhaegar Targaryen. Not that I'm saying you're doing that but there are loads of people on this board who seem to want to paint him with that brush. Robert is one of the best drawn and most realistic characters in the series. He's the middle aged former quarterback who can't leave his glory days behind him. We've all seen that guy at the bar on a thursday night just drunk enough to be an embarrassment to his friends and wife but not quite obnoxious enough to get tossed out.

/Sorry pet peeve.

Let's see: is there any way that Dany saw Rhaegar and Lyanna? When I first read I have to admit I asked myself the same question.

Problem n°1: the bed of blood. The woman in Dany's vision doesn't seem to be on the verge of dying through blood loss. A counter argument is that Elia birthing her second child is also supposed to have been an ordeal. If Lyanna's "bed of blood" isn't to be taken literally (i.e. if she died from complications, but not right after giving birth) it's a possibility. But the chances seem small.

Problem n°2: was Rhaegar with Lyanna when she gave birth anyway? He had to ride all the way to the Trident to die, and then Ned had to ride all the way down to the ToJ. This would likely take months. And while Lyanna may have survived a week after giving birth, I don't see her surviving months.

(small) counter-argument: why was the tower named "the tower of joy" by Rhaegar? I've always thought this name would make more sense if Rhaegar had been there to see Lyanna give him a boy. Even more so if he thought the boy was TPtwP.

Problem n° 3: plausibility. Why would Rhaegar name two of his sons Aegon? This is unlikely to say the least. So unless the first one really had another name I say no. That's almost impossible to overcome unless you start speculating that Aegon the son of Elia was not Rhaegar's son or something. Like: that kid was really Ashara's (who'd gotten pregnant at Harrenhal).

Conclusion: no.

I said nothing about it being Lyanna in the vision. What I'm stating is that Lyanna knew Rhaegar thought that Aegon was the prince that was promised. If, and I know thats a big If. But if Ned informed her of Rhaegar, Elia and the kids demise. Then Lyanna would of named Jon, Aegon. 7 is a pretty big number in this series and Aegon VII could be the Ultimate Dragon. Cue Ultimate Warrior music....

https://youtu.be/xbLZ9lx-e5w

I'm not actually addressing your theory. TBH I don't know enough of the details to judge. I'm just sick of RB being boiled down to a glorified mustachio twirling foil for the beautiful, noble Rhaegar Targaryen. Not that I'm saying you're doing that but there are loads of people on this board who seem to want to paint him with that brush. Robert is one of the best drawn and most realistic characters in the series. He's the middle aged former quarterback who can't leave his glory days behind him. We've all seen that guy at the bar on a thursday night just drunk enough to be an embarrassment to his friends and wife but not quite obnoxious enough to get tossed out.

/Sorry pet peeve.

I really like that analysis of Hammer time

I said nothing about it being Lyanna in the vision. What I'm stating is that Lyanna knew Rhaegar thought that Aegon was the prince that was promised. If, and I know thats a big If. But if Ned informed her of Rhaegar, Elia and the kids demise. Then Lyanna would of named Jon, Aegon. 7 is a pretty big number in this series and Aegon VII could be the Ultimate Dragon. Cue Ultimate Warrior music....

Oh, ok. My bad, it's late here.

Hmm, well sure, Lyanna could have given him a Targaryen name which Ned would have kept secret. Why not Aegon indeed.

Much as I love Ultimate Warrior's music, I'm disappointed you brought the Ultimate Dragon into this and totally left Ultimo Dragon out. :(

Archived